6. [Paparazzi]

Vashtie Carter

After driving for a while, Chris was finally pulling up at what looked like a beach. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion being that he did say we were going on a date, which I assumed to be in a restaurant.

"Chris, why are we at a beach. I thought we where going to a restaurant?" I questioned as he parked the car and turned the engine off. He smirked and glanced at me for a brief moment before looking out his windshield. It was dark outside and the only form of light was these small lanterns buried amongst the sand.

"We are" he simply said and I glanced around me, not seeing any type of building insight. Chris chuckled at my desperate attempt and opened his door and stepped out. He jogged around and opened my side for me and I stepped out latching on to his outstretched hand.

I must admit, it was beautiful out here tonight. I haven't been to this beach before but I certainly do plan on coming back to take pictures. As we walked I noticed that Chris was following the path of the small lights that had been placed in the sand. I soon realised that it was a path leading somewhere.

"Where did you find this place, it's beautiful" I said as I looked around letting the wind blow through my hair. We continued to stroll slowly following the path of glowing lights.

Chris looked down at me as we walked. "My dad actually found it back when he was around my age, he told me about it and said that it was special to him and my mom. He told me to only bring those who are special here" he said, his eyes never leaving mine. I blushed hard, a permanent smile on my face and my heart began to beat like crazy.

"Your dad sounds like a great guy" I smiled as I brushed my hair from my face. I'm sure my eyes were all lit up. Chris was making me feel like a teenager stupidly in love.

"Yeah. He was ..." Mutter Chris as he looked ahead, his mind clearly elsewhere. My boots sunk in the sand as we walked and ahead I could see a man in a black suit, his hair was slicked back with a ton of gel and he had two big pieces of black card in his hands.

"Jean philippe!" Chris suddenly yelled, waving his hand at the guy who I noticed.

"Hello Mr Brown, Mrs Carter. Your table awaits you" the man spoke in a strong French accent. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion not seeing a table anywhere, just an empty beach.

"Right there" Chris said pointing to the side of him where I noticed a small cabin I didn't even realise was there before. My mouth hung agape at the sight of it. It was beautiful and all white inside with white drapes the danced as the soft wind blew. It was so pretty but to me I felt it was too much a first date.

"Wow Chris" I said as I slowly walked to it, Chris trailed behind me as he laughed at me reaction.

"Do you like it?"

"No, I love it" I said slowly. "It's so beautiful" I turned around to look at him and he shrugged like it was nothing.

"Beautiful place to fit a beautiful girl" I blushed and looked down feeling embarrassed. I didn't take complements too well, clearly. It was rare to have a man tell me I looked beautiful and it was nice to hear considering the fact that no one has made me feel beautiful in a while. All those pointless blind dates Dayjah set me up on, I got nothing from them except for a shattered, withering self esteem.