It took (Y/n) around five minutes for her mind to clear and the strength to return to her body. She stood in front of the bars, reaching out to touch them. When her index finger touched the bars, they disintegrated to ashes. With the bars gone, she stepped out of the cell and ran down the hallway to Prompto.

Clasping the bars with her hands, Death destroyed them with her deadly touch. Prompto watched eagerly as she made her way over to the metal device and placed her hands on it. The instrument crumbled into a pile of ashes, causing Prompto's body to fall. (Y/n) caught the boy before he hit the floor and steadied him on his feet. Staring at his face, the Horseman noticed the small cut on his cheek. "Are you in pain?"

Prompto nodded slightly. "Just my wrists and ankles. What're we gonna do now?"

(Y/n) held out her hands, materializing Prompto's gun. "You'll be needing this."

The marksman took his weapon, thanking Death with a small smile. "Let's go."

"I need to know something before we go-where are we?"

"Zegnautus Keep."

(Y/n) sighed and rolled her eyes. "Great. Guess we'll be searching blindly."

"At least we've got each other and aren't wandering around by ourselves," Prompto pointed out.

"That's true. Let's get going. Hopefully, the others are already here."

<--------<<<<<<<

After searching the Keep for two straight hours, the duo was exhausted from fighting magiteks and a few powerful daemons. Unlike (Y/n), Prompto wasn't able to heal his wounds and the two decided to find a place to relax for a short while. They found the sleeping quarters and entered the room, closing the door behind them.

Prompto flopped down on one of the many beds with a huff. "A bed... It's been so long!" He spread his arms out, sighing in content. His body ached from all the fighting and closed his eyes for a brief second before hearing a squeaking noise. Prompto peered over to the source of the sound and saw (Y/n) opening one of the many lockers in the back of the room.

Inside the small lockers, the Horseman found nothing. "Guess no one is living here," she comments as she closes the locker. Turning to face Prompto, she saw his pistol laid at the foot of the bed. "Is there something wrong?"

Prompto knew what (Y/n) was referring to and nodded. "I can't seem to get rid of it."

Death knew the ability to conjure weapons was due to the connection with Noctis and she assumed something must've happened on his end. The Horseman picked up the pistol and added it to her arsenal. "I'll keep it with me for the time being."

"How'd you get your hands on it, anyway?" Prompto questioned.

"Oh," she started. "I actually didn't acquire it. I just... remember what it looks like and was able to conjure it."

"Can you do that with any weapon?" The boy ecstatically asked.

"If I have enough information and details-yeah, I can."

Prompto smiled like a small child. "Oh! Do Noct's weapon!"

His smile was contagious and (Y/n) returned the gentle gesture. "Alright, let me try." She concentrated on Noctis' engine blade-all the details and the power it possessed. In the blink of an eye, the blade appeared in Death's cold, frigid hands. "See?"

After the first demonstration, Prompto was enthralled at (Y/n)'s ability and asked her summon many weapons to pass the time. The Horseman stopped summoning weapon's when she saw Prompto yawn. She smiled and sat in a chair beside the door, crossing her legs and leaning back. "Get some rest, Prom. You're gonna need it. I'll keep watch."

With another yawn, the boy nodded drowsily. "Alright. Thanks for saving me, (Y/n)." He laid down on the mattress and his eyes gradually closed.

The smile on Death's face grew. "You're welcome, Prompto."

<--------<<<<<<<

An hour passed as Prompto slept peacefully. (Y/n) knew he needed the rest and let him sleep as long as he needed. She stood from her chair and went to sit on a bed when the sound of creaking and hissing was heard from outside the room. Her head snapped up and she stared at the heavy, metal door. Glancing towards the sleeping boy, she noticed the sounds didn't wake him.

Grimacing, Death summoned her scythe and wandered out of the room to inspect the sound. Her weapon rested on her shoulder as she walked down the hall and turned right, which was the only direction she could choose. Following the sounds, (Y/n) found herself stalking a MT that's appendages were sparking and its head was twitching. One of its feet scraped against the floor as it walked with heavy footsteps. She felt no empathy towards the monster and decided to follow it a little further.

The magitek trooper led (Y/n) to a room that appeared to be a small storage area. She watched as the adversary stumbled further into the room before it hissed and began slamming its already damaged head against the wall. She watched in confusion as the MT continued to ram its head into the wall, not caring if the creature killed itself. The loud clanking of the monster slamming its head against the wall filled the room as the Horseman continued to watch. She dispelled her scythe, watching as the magitek raised its weapon and stabbed itself in the abdomen. Luckily, (Y/n) was a safe distance away when its body exploded into pieces. "Must've been malfunctioning," the girl muttered to herself.

Death turned on her heels and headed to the door, but she abruptly stopped when she heard footsteps approaching. She went to hide, but she realized there was no decent place to hide and the people or creatures approaching would find her. She was about to summon her scythe when the door slid open and revealed the owner of the footsteps. Her (e/c) eyes widened as they met another wide pair of familiar azure eyes. "Noctis?" Behind him, she saw Gladio and Ignis standing outside of the room.

Noctis cautiously approached (Y/n) as if she was going to pounce on them if he moved too fast. She watched his every move, slowly taking steps towards her. She was utterly confused why he was treating her like a cornered coeurl. She raised a brow as he circled around her. "What are you doing?" Then, he stopped directly in front of her and reached out to touch her. His hands landed on her cheeks and began pulling on them. She winced from the sudden skin pulling and swatted his hands away. "What is with you, Noctis?"

"You're real, right?" He asked unsurely.

In response, (Y/n) placed her hands on his cheeks and pulled at them. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"For the past hour, that bastard has been using illusions of you and Prompto against us," Gladio answered. "And sometimes, you'd attack without warning."

"That makes sense. But, really?!" Death huffed, glaring lightly at Noctis. "Pulling on my cheeks and circling me like you're about to be mauled? You could've just-"

Death didn't get to finish her rant as Noctis had stolen a kiss from her lips. She was surprised at the sudden kiss and didn't kiss back until it was too late. The kiss was short, but then, Noctis cupped her cheeks and pulled her closer to him. He examined her forehead as one of his hands traveled to the back of her head, feeling around as they ran through her inky locks. (Y/n) knew he was checking the wounds she received from the bullet and allowed him to continue.

After a long silence, Noctis sighed and leaned his forehead against (Y/n)'s shoulder. Death remained still as his other hand fell from her cheek and landed on her other shoulder. "How long has it been?" The Horseman asked, slicing through the silence.

Noctis raised his head and stared into her beautiful eyes. "Several hours."

"What happened?"

The boy told all that happened during the time Ardyn captured her and when they arrived at Zegnautus Keep. (Y/n) learned the chancellor had sealed off Noctis' power and he wasn't able to summon his weapons. Luckily, he had the Ring of the Lucii and found his father's sword, completing his collection of royal arms.

Once Noctis finished his explanation, (Y/n) decided to share some good news. "Prompto's safe. He's resting in a nearby sleeping quarters. I'll take you to him."