28

"Melissa! Have you seen my red & white bathing suit bottoms?" Robyn called out from her room into the kitchen.
"Check the dryer." Melissa said meeting Robyn in the door frame of the laundry/ linen closet.
Robyn rambled through the clothes until she found what she was looking for. "Are you excited about this?" Melissa asked her.
"Um, yeah.. I'm kind of just shocked by the whole thing, im not sure why."
"This is the first time Chris has ever taken a girl, anywhere outside of the campus.. You should be." She laughed.
"I guess..."
"Don't worry Rih, you're gonna have a blast."
"Yeah, I hope so... What about you? Excited to go see Justin finally?"
Melissa stayed quiet as she looked down at her fingers as they intertwined just like her mind.
"Eh... Yeah.. Of course.."
"You don't sound so sure about that.."
"No-no, I'm fine.. Everything's fine."
"No it's not, what's wrong?"
Robyn dragged Melissa into her room and they sat down on the bed.
"I don't know... I just... Michael.." She said saying his name with so much relief as though she had been bottling it up for a long time.
"What about him? You cheated on Justin with him?"
"No, no, no, I could never.. The temptation is there.. But I just couldn't do it.. He just doesn't know about Justin and I think he's ready to go further with "us" and he's just here at the wrong time."
"So are you going to tell him before you leave?"
"No because...."
Melissa looked at Robyn and then out the window in her room
"Because.....?" Robyn asked with a concerned eye.
"I'm considering breaking up with Justin..it's just not working. For me anyway."
"It's not working for you because.. You want Michael?"
"I think so.. But even without Michael.. Justin's on the other side of town, we talk like twice a day and Jah knows what he's doing when he's not talking to me. It's not like it's basketball season and he has practice."
"That's true, but don't go in wanting to break up with him.. At least be with him for a little while, then decide."
"Yeah, you're right... Well.. I guess I better get going." Melissa stood up and grabbed Robyn in for a tight hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much you cunt!"
"I'll miss you more boo."
"Make sure to text me when you get there so I know his crazy ass didn't hurt you!"
Robyn laughed and let go of her best-friend. "I'll make sure he calls you just so you know."
Melissa grabbed her bag and headed for the door. "Love ya bitch!"
"Love you!"
This was the first spring break Robyn and Melissa would be spending apart since they met. It only helped set in the reality that in a couple of months they'd be graduating and really going there separate ways. With real jobs and real lives. Real love life's.
— —
"Baby!" Chris called from the living room as he entered the girls apartment.
"In the kitchen!" Robyn called back.
"You ready to go? Our flight leaves in a few hours!" He paused as he walked in the kitchen. "Guess... Not.. Why aren't you dressed?" He said as he circled around the counter to give her a kiss. She was wrapped in a towel, with a cap on her head protecting her hair. "Is something burning?" He asked.
"Melissa. I guess she put something in the oven but forgot about it before she left. Clumsy ass. I was getting out the shower and smelled it, scared me half to death."
He grabbed her waist and pulled her in for another kiss. "Well I'm glad you're okay." He tugged at her chin with his fingers and nibbled on her bottom lip. Somehow he found his hand under her towel reaching for whatever he could get his hands on. Her head fell back in pleasure but she reached for his head pushing it up so her eyes could meet his.
"Didn't you say we had a flight to catch?" She said looking up at him biting her lip seductively.
"I did, in a few hours.. What's that got to do with now?" He asked still reaching his lips out for her.
She put her hand over his mouth. "We need to get there early. Cause if we miss this flight, I'll be extremely upset. And if I'm extremely upset, that's not good for you. If you know what I mean." She said tugging at his waistline on his pants.
"It's only gonna take a minute tho, if you know what I mean." He said winking at her.
"You are quite the minute man.." She said as she resorted back to her room.
"Someone has jokes." He said as he followed her.
She put on a comfortable outfit and carried out her bags to his truck.
— —
While in the car it was a very awkward ride. It was quiet. One could tell they were both doing a lot of thinking. Robyn finally broke the silence.
"This is your first time doing this..."
"Doing what?"
"Taking a girl, somewhere other than your bedroom.."
"Yeah..well.. This is different."
Robyn let a smile creep on her face.
"How so?" She asked wanting to hear the answer only so she could smile harder.
"You're different. This-" he said pointing at the both of them "this is different."
"Good thing or a bad thing?"
He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "It's a very-very...good thing."

Melissa was extremely nervous about meeting with Justin. Why.. He was her boyfriend. No reason for her to be nervous. Michael was on her mind heavily. She hadn't even told him she was leaving for spring break.
He had sent her multiple messages and called her many times but she couldn't bring herself to answer him. She wanted to make sure the next time she'd talk to him. She'd really be talking to them.
"Justin?.. You in here baby?" Melissa walked around the corner of his apartment.
He didn't answer. "Justin?" She called out again.
She cracked the door to his bedroom.
The anger filled her body. She stormed in his room and grabbed him by his arm and yanked him from under the white bitch that was riding on top of him.
"YOU FUCKING RASSHOLE BITCH ASS NIGGA, I swear to Jah i never.."
"Babe calm down, I swear.. It's not what it looks like."
"Then what, the fuck. Is it suppose to look like." She said breathing in sharp breaths each time.
"Babe, I swear.."
"I'm gonna go.." The girl said as she gathered her clothes and snuck out.
"What the fuck are you thinking disrespecting me like this? Do you have any idea how this makes me feel? I can't even imagine what happens when I wasn't here and I walk in on this shit? You've got to be kidding me!"
"Babe, I'm sorry.. It was the temptation."
"Temptation my fucking ass Justin! I've been tempted for soooo long, but I cared about you! I cared about you enough to not disrespect you! The times I swear I could've cheated on you and acted like I didn't give a fuck about this relationship or you! But I couldn't, and then you cheat on me when your ass knew I was on the fucking way over here! You're such an ungrateful asshole I swear! This is fucking ridiculous!"
He sat there and looked at her with wide eyes.. Mel was tired, she was tired of being fucked over and played with.. Even what Chris had done to her in the past hadn't topped this. She was hurt, but for some reason there was some type of relief in her body. She realized that she could actually be true with Michael. She could finally be his, and she was hoping he hadn't moved on. Not yet anyway.
"You know what, just delete my number, don't try and talk to me anymore, and just forget I existed, it's better for the both of us."
"Melissa please just give it another chance." He said as he grabbed her hand. She quickly took it back.
"Justin, I'm not a woman of second chances. So please spare me that. I'm leaving.. Thank you for everything you were and weren't."

When Chris and Robyn landed they headed to the hotel and got settled in. Chris made sure to land in Robyn as soon as they landed. They headed out to eat shortly after at a restaurant that had a beautiful view of the beach.
"This is really breath-taking." Robyn said as she sat down in the pink dress she had on.
"Damn, it is.." Chris said as he took in both views.
The waitress came over and gave Chris a very flirtatious look but he differed. His focus only on Robyn like it had been whenever they went out to eat. They put in their drink orders. They laughed over little jokes and continuously played footsie under the table. They'd run their hands over each others laps teasing each other.
Once their food came to the table and they began to eat, Robyn noticed a familiar face giving her flirty eyes from another table. Chris could tell she was looking at someone other than him and his natural jealousy emerged.
"You alright?" He asked looking back trying to figure out what she was looking at.
She put her hand over face, "yeah I'm fine.."
A tall dark shadow appeared over their table.
"Robyn? Is that you pretty girl?"
She recognized the voice.. "What is he doing here?" She said under her breath.
"Hey Jonathan... How are you?" She said forcing a smile on her face.
"I'm really good.. How about yourself?"
"I'm wonderful.. What are you doing up here?"
"I live up here now.. What about you?"
"Spring break... Um, this is my boyfriend.. Chris... Chris this is Jonathan.. He's an old...... Friend."
"C'mon Robyn.. We were more than friends." Jonathan said as he winked at her. "What's up man?" He reached his hand out to shake Chris'.
Chris was already not fond of this guy.. And Robyn knew it..
"It was nice seeing you Jonathan.." She said dismissing him from the table before things got even more tense.
"You too Robyn.." He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Chris." He shook his head at him.
Chris did not return the favor.
"Well that was awkward.." Robyn said as she took a bite of her burger.
"Who was he?" Chris said waiting for an immediate answer but Robyn stayed quiet.
"Did you hear me?" He asked.
"Jonathan.."
"Duh, who was he to you.."
"He's an ex.. Ok? It's not a big deal."
"He got a lot of guts to be acting like that in front of me."
Robyn laughed. "And who are you?"
"A nigga that will beat another niggas ass for my baby."
A smile curved Robyn's face. How sweet was he.