|| Chapter I ||

I don't know how it all happened, I just remember walking into my cabin, seeing my newly found brother with some girl. Her hair reminded me of home, love, and anything and everything that made me happy. It wasn't until I saw the girl turn around that my sympathy for running in on Olly (short for Odysseus) and his girlfriend turned into rage, heartbreak, and pain.

The girl that was sleeping with him was my Wise Girl, Annabeth. I'd been through a lot, I've learned to expect the unexpected, and I've learned to always think about the 'What If's your mind conjured up at three a.m. will one day come true, but nothing I've been taught would have prepared me for what I had just seen.

"P-PERCY!" Annabeth gasped, covering herself with the sheets that had been in the process of falling off the bed. At least she had basic human decency. Olly, however, was smirking. He wasn't even making a move to cover his... parts.

I saw Annabeth's eyes start to water as she stuttered, trying to explain herself, but I left before she could even spit out a complete sentence. I raced back to the pavilion -- It had been the middle of dinner -- and stopped at my table. Since after the Second Giant War, anyone could sit anywhere, the Seven -- minus Annabeth -- was there.

"What's wrong, Perce? You look like something crawled up your pant leg and bit you in the ass," Piper half-joked, concerned by my furious expression.

I almost didn't want to say it. It felt like as if I said it, it would become so real. So true. So actually possible. "Anna - Anna - She -" Now I was ready to say the words, but I couldn't. Honestly, who could? I thought I was going to marry that girl one day and now... "Annabeth's cheated on me."

"What?" Jason asked, clearly shocked, as were the rest of my friends were. Everyone who has heard it gave an audible gasp. I almost felt bad for revealing that secret. I loved her and I basically told the whole camp she was hoeing around with some guy, not giving them an explanation. Maybe it was just a one-time - No. She didn't deserve my sympathy. Not right now. Not ever.

"She couldn't of," Piper said, clearly not being able to wrap her mind around the concept, and in all honesty, I wasn't sure if I was able to either.

At that moment, I heard a familiar voice yelling from behind me. When I turn around, I see Annabeth stomping down the hill, her clothes obviously put on in a rush. I feel anger rise up in my chest as she gets closer. She's only a few feet away when she begins her pathetic excuse of an apology.

"Percy, It- it wasn't what it looked like!" She panted out, a small tear streaking down her face. How pathetic.

"Oh, yes, because you were just chatting with him. Naked. In his bed. Yep, makes sense," I knew I was being mean. How could I not? Emotions came hurtling towards me like students when you open up a pack of gum in class. Anger, sadness, confusion. And all those emotions seemed to create one large emotion. Rage. Pure rage.

"Percy," She said, her voice breaking. The weakness in her voice used to make me feel sad. 'How could someone make her voice sound like that?' I would wonder. Now, at this time, I didn't even care. "Please know I didn't mean to hurt you."

I placed my hand on my heart in fake-gratitude. "Thank you, Annabeth, it means the world to me, really, I just - it really makes me feel all better!" I say with false excitement. My words were venomous and dripping sarcasm.

Everyone in the pavilion starred, shocked, except for one. This one person was, instead, smirking, but you don't need to worry about the reason right now. That's for later.

Annabeth and I continued to go back and forth, and by the time I was going to walk away, you could fill a river with her tears. I turned on my heel and began stomping my way to my cabin. I hoped Annabeth wasn't following me.

I slammed my door upon entering my cabin. As I entered, I noticed my bed was made. I must have been in a good mood this morning -- that didn't last long.

I went over to my drawer, pulled out my pajamas -- which consisted of a dark teal pair of silk pants -- and put them on. I decided to just take my shirt off and call it a day.

I had just pulled my blankets over me when I heard a faint knock at the door.

--

Thank you @Camerondoesthings for being my co-writer!