:・゚ abbott :・゚

and i'm back! i'm writing this chapter now but i don't know if it'll ever be published in a proper amount of time so i'm sorry for the delay :)

P.S: Harlow's kinda a byotch in this one but we all love that don't we?

xoxo

uniquent

~~~

"Noah?" Harlow's voice rang out quite clearly as she startled and turned towards him.

"Hey H." His voice was just as she remembered it, soft and smooth.  A voice that had made just about every girl he met fall for him and she guessed that she hadn't been an exception to that.

"What...why are you here?" Harlow stepped closer to him and watched as the flames from the fire raised warm tones in his sharp cheekbones.  

His hair fell slightly into his eyes as he looked up at her and in a quick moment she remembered why she fell for him in the first place.  It was because of moments like these, quiet memories that made her feel so deeply about what they had used to have.  It was simply just the presence of him that used to make her hold her breath.  And for a someone like her, a person who brought imbalance to her life was always dangerous.

"Why do you think I'm here?" He brushed back impatiently the hair in his eyes and stepped closer to her.

"I don't know, okay?" She turned away from him.  "But I do know that you ruined my plan with Tom.  He's now suspecting of everything that's happened between us do you understand?" She turned to face him again and crossed her arms.

"Tom? As in Voldemort you mean?" Noah scrunched up his face, something that she used to feel endearingly about but now only served to make her angrier.

"Yes.  It's not my fault that I'm here.  Well...it kind of maybe is.  BUT all I know is this...boy is tormenting families in our present.  And if I'm already here I might as well give it my damn best shot to get rid of him." Harlow knew her words didn't sound as heroic as she'd hoped but nevertheless she tried to look confident, jutting her chin up in the air and crossing her arms.

"You're saying that since you're stuck here that you might as well kill him...is that what you mean?  You're saying that you want to kill the dark lord?" Noah looked at her like she was crazy.

Harlow sighed.  He wasn't going to get it.  Noah was just an ordinary guy who she'd dumped for being too bland for her taste.  Who was she to think that he'd be heroic and help her out?

"Noah, can you just...just go home okay?"  Harlow started to walk away before she felt his hand on her arm.

"What the fuck do you mean 'just go home?'" His voice was loud and angrier than she'd ever imagine.  

"I...I don't know how you got here and I don't really care.  I'm willing to risk my life to kill the dark lord and save us.  Can you say the same, Noah?"

"I know you think I'm a pathetic, spineless loser who didn't go after you even after we broke up but that doesn't mean that I'm incapable of feeling an ounce of courage.  You've underestimated me, Harlow."  

"Underestimated you? I was in a relationship with you for a year and honestly...you were a waste of time!" Harlow had raised her voice by now, her famous rage taking over as she spun on her heel and wagged a finger in the air.

"A waste of time? Well, it's this 'waste of time' that actually took the initiative to time travel back years and come and get you!" Noah paused for a breath.  "It's this 'waste of time' that actually cares about you and realized what had happened!  So excuse me if I'm mad right now but other than the spineless coward you think I am, you might want to consider that I actually like you and I was brave enough to act up when it meant the most!"

And with that, Noah stormed out of the room leaving Harlow left gaping after him in the silence that followed.

*** 

Harlow stumbled into the dining hall nice and late the next morning, disoriented and sleepy.  Her eyes were drooping and she couldn't get Noah's belligerent tone out of her head.  Here she'd thought that she would get a nice weekend.

She settled herself drowsily onto a pretty empty bench as she had her late breakfast (or lunch as it could be counted at this time).  A few other students were milling about, chattering and making plans to go to Hogsmeade.  

Harlow grumbled and muttered a few whiny words before she grabbed a blueberry muffin off of the central plate and bit into it, crumbs flying in all directions.

"Wanna share?" The smooth, snake like tones of Luxe's voice drifted down next to her ear as he leaned over her shoulder and rested his head on her arm.  

Harlow was not in the mood to deal with this.  But she had to.  

"Rather not." She replied, trying to make her voice sweet and velvety despite being pretty sure she was croaking like a toad. 

"Looks like you had a late night last night." Luxe sat down unbearably close next to her on the bench and leaned over to look at her face.

"You think?" Harlow said as she poured some coffee into a mug and slid it over to Luxe.

"Thanks, babe." Luxe took a huge gulp of it and reached over himself to pile his plate high with eggs and bacon.  

"So...who's that guy that Riddle's been talking to me so fondly about."  Luxe rested his head on his closed fist and tilted it slightly.  "I think his name's...Noah?"

"Noah?  I don't really know him." Harlow shrugged and finished the rest of her muffin to avoid having to talk too much.

"He's weird.  But...he reminds me of you.  Coming here without having been students at Hogwarts with us ever since we were little.  And his manners, his airs...he reminds me a lot of you." Luxe turned to look as Noah walked in through the doors looking equally as dishevelled as Harlow.  

"Does he really?" Harlow shrugged and pretended not to notice that Noah had walked in, turning her shoulder to what Luxe was so fascinated by.

"Look! There's Tom." Luxe pointed and this time Harlow actually turned, interested.

Tom Riddle had caught up to Noah.  Harlow rolled her eyes, Tom wouldn't do anything brash in the dining hall so she reckoned he was safe for now.  It was whatever.  She needed a day off.

Harlow cut into her eggs and was about to bring the bite up to her mouth when Luxe suddenly got up from the bench. 

"Luxe? Where are you going?" Harlow spun around in her seat but he was already gone, his silvery white blonde hair glinting as he sprinted to keep up with Tom and Noah. 

Something else glinted though in that general direction and Harlow squinted, her bedridden eyes trying to focus.

And then she saw it.

The knife held to the small of Noah's back as Luxe and Tom hurried him out of the hall.