chapter 15. fuck.

neil's pov

i open up my eyes slowly and lift my head off of the tile floor, grunting and groaning. "what the fuck?" i mutter as my nostrils get filled with one of the worst smells ever. i look down and gag, seeing a ginormous puddle of throw up right where my face was.

well fuck, that's not normal. maybe i should see a doctor. no human should be able to throw up that much.

"the fuck happened last night?" i mumble to myself as i reach up, touching my cheek.

ahh... that's why it smelt so bad.

all of a sudden, my stomach lurched and i started to dry heave. i groan in pain and spit out some puke, before rubbing my aching head as i walk to the kitchen to grab cleaning supplies.

"gracie?" i call out, before holding my nose as i wipe up my mess. "baby?" my voice comes out nasally, from pinching my nose, causing me to stifle a small chuckle. "my sweet love?"

no response.

must've gone out for breakfast with adam, or something.

i sigh softly and head into the downstairs bathroom, furiously brushing my teeth, as if it would get the nasty taste out of my mouth. when it didn't work, i grunted and grabbed the bar of soap, rubbing it all over my tongue.

not a pleasant taste but i've had worse.

i rinse my mouth out and spit out the soapy water, groaning. it helped a bit, i grabbed some mouthwash and swished it around my mouth, then spit it out. finally, my mouth didn't taste like ass.

i flick off the light and wash out the sink, so gracie wouldn't yell at me later and head up to my bedroom, sighing. i walk over to my closet and pull out a pair of jeans, with a black tank top and a red and black flannel.

i pull them on, then raise my eyebrow at a faint smell, that hit me. i grab a pair of socks, putting them on, before heading into the hallway to find the smell. i open numerous doors, not finding anything.  i stood at the last door, the bathroom and took a deep breath before opening it.

gracie.

my girlfriend.

covered in blood with no pants on.

tears immediately sprung to my eyes as i noticed the knife laying in between her legs and her bruised body.

"shit." i sniffle and rush to her body, lifting her into my arms. "hey, hey! baby! wake up." i say quickly, tears falling down to my face.

who did this?! i swear to god... i'll kill them.

i brace my back against the tub after pulling out my phone to make a desperate and depressing call to the police. the call went by in a blur. within thirty minutes, they showed up and so did adam, as well as the other guys.

barry had to pull me away as the police took her body away from me and out to the ambulance. i was screaming. and on top of that, adam was trying to attack me.. thinking i did this. brad thankfully, could hold him back for the time being.

my knees buckled and i sobbed. barry was holding me up by my flannel. i cover my face and look over at the knife that lays on the floor, covered in grace's blood.

"mr. sanderson. we need you to come down to the station to give us your statement." an officer speaks. he continued to speak, but i wasn't listening to what he was saying.

he probably suspected that i murdered my own girlfriend.

fuck.