chapter 9: grounding

adam's pov

i hear screams from all around me and people falling to the floor. i look over to the left side of the stage, and see barry's guitar on the stage, while barry was..off the stage and in the crowd, trying to protect others.

i looked to the left and saw brad's bass with bullet holes in it. more gunshots went off, and i shielded grace with my own body, after pulling her down to the ground. "barry!" I call, peering up and into the crowd. i look over at him, watching him protect fans.

"give me the money, or i will kill you." a deep voice says and i close my eyes, holding my little sister closer.

gracie whimpers from under me and i see security guards charge the man.

"hey, it's okay." i say, as a security guard steps in front of us. i stand up and help her up. neil looks up from behind the barrier, where his drums are set up on. "go behind there, sis." i tell her and block her from being shot.

"you better give me the fucking money, grace." the guy roars.

i look back, and see her in neil's arms.

a security guard restless him to the floor, but he breaks out and grabs the gun. he shoots the guard and i sigh. i jump off the stage and run towards him. another security guard blocks me, but i shove him out of the way.

"we're gonna have a calm discussion, right now." i say and grab the gun as he tries to shoot me. he throws a punch, but i grab his fist. "i said calm discussion!"

"adam, stop!" gracie yells, but i ignore her.

"we're going to have a calm discussion, you got me?" i say, and wrestle him to the ground, as he throws punches at me.

i hear sirens, and i throw another punch. someone pulls me off the guy, and punches me.

i groan, and stand up from the ground. i punch the person back, and shove them backwards. i kick them in the stomach, and shove them to the ground.

"adam, get out of here." a security guard says.

i jump back into the stage, and behind the drums. "let's go." i say, and grace stands up, as neil let's her go.

"where are we going?" brad asks.

"to the bus," i say, and grab grace's wrist. "and we're getting the fuck out of here."

barry nods, and brad, neil and himself stand up.

"i'm going to kill you!" the guy yells, as we run out the backstage door, and to the bus.

"are you okay, sis?" i asked, as we got on the bus. i pulled her into the bunk room, as the steve started up the bus.

within a couple seconds, the bus started moving.

"yeah." she said, and smiles a little up at me.

"why did he ask you for money?" i ask, and she sighs.

"for medication. others used it as drugs, not me." she said, and sighed.

"hey, it's not your fault, baby girl." i said, and pull her into a hug. "i'm not mad at you."

she hugs back, and sighs. "okay."

"i love you, sis." i tell her, "so much."

"i love you too, adzy." she says, and sighs. "you're so fucking tall. you damn tree."

"well, you're short." i say back, and she rolls her eyes, as i pull away.

"before the concert, i'm gonna take you shopping ." i tell her.

"okay, but you shouldn't have to spend money on me." she says.

"too bad, because i'm going to." i smile, and she pushes her hair off her shoulder.

"okay." she says, simply.

...

neil's pov

"grace, are you okay?" i ask, as she starts to tense up.

she shakes her head, and looks around the room.

"what's wrong?" i ask, as she starts to shake.

"panic attack." she says, and starts to breath really fast.

damn, i used to have those all the time.

"come here." i say softly, and hold out my arms.

"h-help me." she whispers, as tears start to drip down her face. she walks into my arms, and i hug her.

"focus on me, okay?" i say, "find five things you can see, and tell me."

she looks around the room, and grips onto my shirt. "a couch, a tv, paintings, windows, and a notebook."

"four things you can touch." i say.

"you." she says, quietly, "the floor, a shelf, and my phone."

"three things you can hear." i smile, and wipe under her eyes.

"guitar, bass, and drums." she says, and stops shaking.

i smile, "two things that you can smell?"

"bacon, and your cologne." she says, and wipes her eyes.

"one thing you can taste." i tell her.

"ice cream." grace says, and i smile down at her.

"i'm proud of you." i tell her, as i hug her tightly.