Chapter - 13

A/N - I am writing after so long and I am very happy to be back. Now, read on because I know that no one cares about these notes. LMAO!

=====

Louis blinked. His eyes did their job, he saw the omega in front of him, frowning at him confusedly but his brain did not work. He was not going to blame his brain though. Those eight words were enough to shock him into immobility.

"I will have my heat in two days."

Louis opened his mouth, closed it with a snap. He eyed the omega, trying to see what the omega expected him to say. Harry looked confused, for Louis. Louis wanted to laugh. What a situation!

Finally, he settled on the most pressing question.

"Do you want to go to your parents?"

Harry blinked. His brows pulled down towards the centre of his forehead. The omega looked at him, offended.

"Do you want me to go?" Harry asked, voice deep with nonchalance but Louis could hear the insecurity in those words.

Louis back-paddled, searching his brain for something to say.

"Do you..." dread pooled in his stomach, his alpha roaring inside his chest but Louis had to ask, "do you want to go to Nick?"

The omega squirmed, his eyes zeroed on Louis' face. Those lips, those puffy lips jutted outwards.

"Do you want me to?"

Louis stood up, going for the window and leaning on the frame. His eyes took in the mist, settled over the jungle. The sun was not brightly shining on his face, winter was knocking of their doorstep. The chilly air did nothing to sooth the burn in Louis' chest. Louis closed his eyes, inhaling the fogged air. He needed to be mature here.

"If you want to go and spend your heat with your alpha then I am no one to stop you, Harry."

Louis' voice cracked at the end. He hoped Harry did not notice it.

There was no reply. Louis waited. His heart thrashed against his ribcage, or was it his primal instinct?

"What do you want me to do?" Harry sounded tentative but curious at the same time.

Louis wanted to jump out of the window, take a run or maybe just run away as Niall did. Two months ago.

"It is your choice, Harry. I can't tell you anything."

There was silence again but Louis could hear the omega squirming on the bed, the ruffling of the sheets.

"I can't go home because what will your pack think? And I have never spent my heat with Nick."

Louis let go of the windowsill and sighed. His alpha calming as he let the words settle in.

"Then?"

He heard those soft steps and then felt Harry beside him. Louis stayed where he was, staring ahead. Harry's left arm touched his right. Louis wanted to pull back but...

"I want to stay here if it is not a problem for you."

Louis wanted to laugh. He wanted to turn around at laugh at Harry. Here? In this room? Harry in heat? Sure, why not? Oh, wait. No, because an alpha lived here!

"I live here, Harry. In case you forgot."

Harry huffed, "then what do you suggest?"

I suggest you kill me, free me from this misery.