After finding a gym that looks like a 40s gym. I've been spending most of my time here since waking up seventy years in the future. It's still sounds insane when I think about it. Seventy years I was frozen. So much has changed since 1945. This gym is where I have been spending a lot of time and where I am currently, punching a punching bag.

That day seventy years ago keeps replaying in my head as I let my frustrations out. The day we stormed Schmidt's base. How Emily was there with me throughout everything. How we had to put the plane the water. That kiss she gave me after telling me she loved me. I never got a chance to tell her how I feel about her. I never got the chance to tell her I love her. An... And now she is gone!

The bag flies down onto the ground after I punch it with to much force. I am breathing hard as I walk over a grab another one, hooking it up. I take a breath and start at it again.

"Trouble sleeping?" A voice asks from somewhere in the gym. I look up seeing Director Fury.

I return to punching the bag before acknowledging him, "I slept for seventy years, sir. I think I've had my fill."

"Then you should be out, celebrating, seeing the world."

I look at him and under my breath, I mumble, "Not without Emily." Turning away from the bag I begin to take the tape off my hands. "When I went under, the world was at war. When I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost."

"We've made some mistakes along the way. Some, very recently."

"You here with a mission sir?" I question growing impatient as to why he is here.

"I am."

"Trying to get me back in the world?" I ask as I continue taking the tape off my hands taking a seat on a the bench.

"Trying to save it." He hands me a file.

Looking at the photo in the folder me eyes widen in at the familiar cube, "Hydra's secret weapon." I mutter looking at the photo of the blue cube. I turn the page and see an older photo of the 'Tesseract.'

"Howard Stark fished that out of the ocean when he was looking for you and Agent Barnes. He thought what we think. The Tesseract could be the key to unlimited sustainable energy. That's something the world sorely needs." He explains to me while I was looking at the file.

I hand it back to him and asked, "Who took it from you?"

"He's called Loki. He's... not from around here. There's a lot we'll have to bring you up to speed on if you're in." He pauses for a second before continuing, "The world has gotten even stranger than you already know."

"At this point, I doubt anything would surprise me," I mutter.

"Ten bucks says you're wrong." He bets as I grab my gym bag and place the punching bag over my shoulder. "There's a debriefing packet waiting for you back at your apartment. Is there anything you can tell us about the Tesseract that we ought to know now?"

"You should have left it in the ocean," I mutter leaving the building.

Emily's Pov:

It has been almost a six months since I woke up after being frozen in the Arctic for almost seventy years. Each day I think about him... He is constantly filling my mind. I think about the way his eyes sparkled when he smiled, the way he laughed, his touch, our first and last kiss. I sometimes find myself touching my lips, as if it was the moment right after the kiss.

Life has changed significantly since waking up, slowly I have begun to get used to this new modern lifestyle. It has changed significantly much since the 1940s. The one thing I still haven't gotten used to is the new high-tech technology. Phil got me a mobile phone which I'm still learning how to use. Phil, he has been so much like a father to me. It's been nice knowing he is there for me. On the first day, he took me to my apartment and just stayed with me, letting me process everything. Once we got closer he told me how he is a big fan of Steve aka Captain America. Which I laughed at when I heard about his vintage cards. He also told me about the agency he is in, S.H.I.E.L.D aka the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division which is what Fury is the director of, and it's the organization that Peggy helped form. I am beyond proud of what she has accomplished with S.H.I.E.L.D and I can not wait to visit her and hear all about her life. I was surprised to learn she is still alive. Knowing someone from my past life is still around makes things so much better. Coulson has promised me once I am more settled in this new life he will bring me to her.