Chapter 8

Phil walks out of the room, leaving me in the room alone with Steve. "You okay?" He asks looking at me with concern on his features.

"Yeah, just frustrated they kept us apart all this time." I bring my hand up to wipe the stray tears.

Steve steps up and brings his own hand to my cheek gently having me look up into his own eyes, "I am as well. I am so glad to have you back. These last few months have been the most lonely months I've ever experienced. I never want to feel that again."

"Me neither." I whisper turning my face giving his palm a light kiss.

Having regained my composure from moment ago I interlock our fingers. We walk out of the room just as an agent tells Phil that Loki is in Germany. Fury looks over at me and Steve, "Captain, Barnes you're up. Agent Romanoff, please show the Captain and Agent Barnes to their uniforms." He informs her.

"Yes sir." She tells him, then motions for us to follow her.

She takes us down the hallway and opens a door, "Meet me up on the deck after you suit up." She tells us before walking down the hallway.

Walking into the room I see two glass cases with our uniforms in it. I walk up to mine and just admire it. I never thought I would get a uniform. Even though I have the same abilities as Steve I was never looked at in the same way. The world was more of a man's world then a woman's. Now I'm present time woman are scene differently. It's been refreshing to be seen as a contributing member of society and not just as a household object.

Opening the case I reach out and softly run my fingers over the fabric. It is a dark blue color with a star on my chest much like Steve's uniform. It's similar to the uniform I've seen out of female Shield agents. Quickly stripping out of my clothes into my undergarments I slip my uniform on with ease. Grabbing the combat boots that are with it I slipped them on.  As I turn around putting my hair up noticing Steve gawking at me still in his civilian clothes. I laugh knocking him out of his trace, making his face go red as a tomato.

I smirk deciding to tease him, "Like what you see?"

"Yes." He quickly says, his face goes even redder after his comment.

I shake my head, "Suit up Captain!"

He lightly laughs with his face still red and goes over to his suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within the hour, Steve and I have found ourselves sitting on top of the jet, which is somehow camouflaging itself. I watch as Loki has the crowd rounded up and is giving some speech to them about kneeling. We have determined to wait for a moment where we will intervene to take Loki down.

"You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." Loki addresses the crowd causing me to have a look of disgust cross my face.

I watch as an elderly man slowly stands up and looks at Loki warily then says, "Not to men like you."

"There are no men like me," Loki states with a smug look on his face.

The man shakes his head, "There are always men like you." I can't help a small smile that crosses my face as I commend the brave man. Loki wasn't expecting the old man to make a statement like that.

The smile vanishes as Loki holds his scepter up, "Look to your elder people."

I nudge Steve and he nods his head and prepares to jump down.

"Let him be an example." Loki finishes.

"Go!" I whisper to Steve and he jumps down just in time as the laser from Loki's scepter hits his shield.