Chapter 7

Phil Coulson's Pov:

"Coulson I need you to contact Agent Romanoff and tell her that her mission is off. We need her back here as soon as possible." Fury informs me as he walks into the room.

"Yes sir," I tell him as I walk out of the room, putting my phone to my ear.

It rings a couple of times before a man answers in Russian, "Hello?"

"I need to speak to the woman you have with you." I address with a sense of urgency.

I hear him say, "It's for her." In Russian.

A new voice comes over the phone, "You listen carefully—"

I cut him off, "You are at 114 Silensky Plaza, third floor. We have an F-22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone or I will blow up the block before you can make it to the lobby."

There is silence before Natasha was put on. "We need you to come in," I inform her knowing she isn't going to be happy.

"Are you kidding? I'm working." She argues.

"This takes precedence."

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation. This moron is giving me everything." She insists then there's a pause. "Look, you can't pull me out of this right now."

I sigh, "Natasha, Barton's been compromised." I inform, knowing well enough she will come.

"Let me put you on hold." She informs me, and I hear a lot of grunts and groans in the following moment. I stand just casually waiting until she is finished.

After a few minutes, she finishes and gets back on the line, "Where's Barton now?"

"We don't know."

"But he's alive?"

"We think so. I'll brief you on everything when you get back." I tell her while looking at their file on the screen. "But first we need you to talk to the big guy."

"Coulson, you know that Stark trusts me about as far as he can throw me."

I smirk, "Oh, I got Stark. You get the big guy." I hear her exclaim something in Russian and then hang up.

I walk over to Fury, "Sir Agent Romanoff is on her way and getting Banner."

"Good, Coulson I need you to pick up Rogers when you go to get Stark." He says turning to face me.

"Yes, sir. Wait what about Agent Barnes?" I ask.

"I got her."

"You know they are going to find out you lied to them, sir." I disclose referring to Rogers and Barnes.

He sighs, "I know, I am prepared for their anger."

I go to walk off but a thought in my mind prevents me from moving. I turn back to the Director, "Sir. If I may. I still don't understand why you kept them separated from each other."

"You know why. We didn't know at the time whether they were friendly or not. It was safer to tell them the lie.

I nod taking his answer though not accepting it. Both Steve and Emily are American patriots. There was no way they were going to awake from the ice and be an enemy especially after learning their close friends Peggy Carter and Howard Stark played crucial roles in the development of S.H.I.E.L.D. I know better than to push Fury further I turn and heads towards a quinjet to head to New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve's Pov:

Seventy years... Seventy years I was asleep in that ice. It's been a six months since I woke up. It has not been easy, all this new 'technology' has been tough to get used too. After spending some time in some off the grid cabin. I finally was able to come back New York. Where I got settled into an apartment curtesy of S.H.I.E.L.D.