37. survival (macgyver)(requested)

You were busy at work, arranging files and fixing the conference rooms for the meetings later in the day. With only 3 hours left of your shift you would soon be able to go home and prepare for the much anticipated date night you would have with Mac. Today was the last day of his training with Riley and Bozer. Though you insisted on rescheduling the date for another day since you'd expect him to be exhausted after 4 days of teaching. but Mac convinced you otherwise. Of course you agreed since you never knew when he would be free from work next.

After a quick few hours passing you headed home. You were excited to see Mac for some reason even though there'd be times were he was gone for longer periods of time. You arrived home and began to get ready, Mac would be home anytime now. Though after finishing it was well past 6PM and still there was no MacGyver in sight. You knew he would've called or texted letting you know he was on his way home by now. You peered outside through the kitchen window trying to see if you could see a car approaching, but there was none.

You began to get worried. You had thought he had picked up a mission on their way back and had to quickly leave. Though he would've let you know. You paced around the empty house thinking on what to do. You can't go to the Phoenix and ask around, even they wouldn't know Mac made sure no one brought any technology. That also included sat phones and comm's to the Phoenix.

Anxious, you sat on the couch hoping that you'd hear a car pull into the driveway or a text from Mac telling you he was on his way home. But an hour passed and there was nothing. Sometimes the occasional car passing by which gave your hopes up. You tried taking your mind off the anxiousness by reading but nothing helped.  The only other time where something similar like this happened, was when Mac was convicted of being a terrorist.

After a few more hours of hearing nothing back you had slowly fallen asleep on the couch, only to be woken up a few minutes later by your phone ringing. You jolted up hoping it was Mac who was calling. Though it was from Riley?

"Hello?"

"Y/n, Mac's hurt. We got him at the hospital now, they had to do surgery. He should be getting out soon," Riley says. Your heart sank. He was hurt?

"What happened? Is he okay?" You ask, quickly your heart racing and hands sweating. "He got shot in the leg, he seems to be okay but we're not sure."

"I'll be there, thanks for letting me know." You hang up and the realization starts to sink in. The horror you were in. All this time of waiting around wondering if something had happened, something did happen. You had no idea how bad it was or if things were going well. You quickly rushed to your car and drove to the hospital. Your eyes rapidly looked around the waiting room for Riley or Bozer, then noticing them in the corner. You quickly scurry over.

"Hi, thanks for calling. Any updates?" You ask nervously. They both look up at you. "Nope, but he should be coming out any minute now." Bozer says glancing at the hospital door.  You sat beside them shaking your leg and constantly glancing over to the door. You just wanted to know that he was okay. Wanted to see his face, calm and unhurt. Though after another half an hour of anxiously waiting the hospital door swung open. There stood a nurse looking around the room.

"I'm looking for Y/n L/n?" The nurse calls out. "That's me," You say standing up and quickly walking over to the nurse.

"Angus MacGyver had you as an emergency contact, he's out of surgery so you're allowed to visit him now, room 203," She says kindly. You quickly go down the hall looking for room 203. At the end of the hall there it was. You quickly opened the door seeing Mac laying there with his eyes closed and a small gash by his mouth. You stood beside him, relived that he's okay but still worried on what happened. Your heart began to slow and some of your worries were relived. Though it was just a waiting game on when he would wake up. You didn't want to think of the worse but you couldn't help yourself.

You held his limp hand and prayed for Mac to be better and wake up soon. You took a seat beside him and kept a close eyes on Mac, hoping for any movement. With the occasional random beeps from the machine, which scared you at times you sat there in silence. Only your thoughts invaded your head space.

Although it was only 15 minutes you wondered if he'd ever wake up. You knew he had to at some point but you just worried that he wouldn't, or wake up not remembering you. You quickly cleared these thoughts from your head.

After an hour of sitting, waiting, and worrying MacGyver slowly woke up letting out a grunt. You quickly stood up and looked over at Mac who was slowly opening his eyes. You smiled and grabbed a hold of his hand.

"Mac," You say looking at his blue eyes. "Y/n sorry I missed date night," MacGyver says squeezing your hand with a smirk on his face.

"How are you feeling?" You ask. "Not the best, but well enough to have date night in here," Mac says. You let out a laugh.

"I don't suppose you can make a projector for a movie and cook a meal with a plastic cup?" You chuckle.

"No, but you do have your phone. You choose any movie you want." Usually you two would be going out to the theater or watch a movie at home with the projector outside.

"Any movie? Even if it's the one you hate but I love?" You ask getting excited. MacGyver nods and you quickly get out your phone. Mac slowly moves over allowing room for you to lay next to. Though you soon realize that hospital beds aren't the most comfortable but you made do making sure not to bump into Mac since his leg was still in pain.

You played the movie on your phone while Mac had his arm around you paying attention to the small screen in front of you two but also giving quick glances at you and smiling at how content you were.

Although this was not ideal for you, this was what it was like dating someone who is bound to end up in the hospital frequently. No matter what the situation or time there'll always be time for you two to spend together, even if it's in a crappy hospital bed watching a movie.

—.

Thank you to SimoneJavierSultana for requesting this! I hope it is what you wanted, let me know if you'd like any changes! I'd also like to thank them for supporting me since pretty much day one of this book. Even through my inactivity every time I'd update they'll be there supporting me. Really means a lot!

Requests are open dm me or leave a comment!

Apologize is grammar or there's parts that don't make sense!

Love you all!
-llvevo