22. mistakes (macgyver)

The relationship you had with Mac was always on the rocks. One day you two would make plans to see a show and the next morning he'd be gone until the weekend. You didn't know why, you didn't know if he was seeing someone behind your back. This led to some heated arguments which led to one day or a few hours of separation from each other. But in the end you or him would always get back to each other. This day was different for you, it was your 1 year anniversary. You had plans and you thought Mac would have plans as well. When you had woken up you were glad to see that there were texts from him about your anniversary.

You smiled and got ready for the day. Your apartment seemed more brighter and neat, you thought it must've been from your good mood, which you were in. You decided to drive over to MacGyvers house to see if he had been ready yet.

After a quick 20 minuets drive from your apartment you were at MacGyvers door already taking out your keys to get in.
"You opens the door and saw the living room and kitchen empty. The deck outside was empty as well. Everything inside the house was quiet. Even Bozer wasn't home? You looked around the bathroom and bedrooms, Mac wasn't there. You began to be confused and mad. You dialed his number and called, you tried to think maybe he was out running errands, but his car was still in the driveway?

"Y/n this isn't a good time," MacGyver said softly as he was trying to escape terrorists in North California. Jack hushed him and made a motion for him to hang up.

"Where are you Mac? I'm At your house and no ones home," you say wondering what he is up to on this special day.

"Dude hang up," Jack says whispering. "Y/n ill see you tonight alright? I've gotta go," Mac says hoping this wouldn't piss you off. You had heard a ruffle or feint voice in the background which made you jump to conclusions.

"No, you don't need to see me Mac. We're over. Don't talk to me anymore. I hope whoever you're with is happy with you, because obviously I wasn't enough," you yell feeling tears slowly roll down your face.

"No, Y/n I'm not–" and you hung up on him. The tears sped up as you ran back to your car and sat there thinking how you couldn't of known. All those weeks where he would leave for days. You thought you were dumb to think he was still loyal. Your eyes became red and puffy from wiping your tears away. Your eyes couldn't shed another tear, which was when you decided to try get as far away as you could from Macs house.

-.-

"What'd she say?" Jack asks as MacGyver slowly places down his phone. "She said we're over and not to call her ever again," Mac said confused. "Woah you serious man? Isn't today like your–" "anniversary? Yeah I know. I sent her a text this morning," Mac says completing Jacks sentence. "I'm sure she'll come around," Jack says trying to cheer up his saddened friend.

"No, she's not, i know it. She thinks I was cheating on her. When I was really here. Trying to save the world, she just doesn't know," MacGyver says conflicted on what to do. He knew that if he were to tell you his real job. You'd be at risk of being in danger, still if you didn't know you'll still be at a much greater risk than knowing.

"I don't know man. Do what you think is right," Jack says which was a pretty good piece of advice. MacGyver and Jack completed the mission not a while later, as Mac had more time to think on the car ride back to L.A he realized how much of a strain this job had put on your relationship. Today was your anniversary, he couldn't imagine what you were going through right now. All he knew for sure was that he had to go see you immediately.

-.—

You didn't know what to do. You paced around your apartment, still nothing came to mind. You thought of deleting Mac from your entire life, every photo, gift, or anything that would remind you of him. But you refrained from doing that, because you knew that would only make you more upset. Not only did you jump to conclusions and think the voice in the background was another woman you also possibly made him think you two were breaking up. Which is what you said but didn't completely mean it now since you'd had time. But this changed after thinking more about the situation.