Chapter 1- Long Time No See Brother

"Isabel what the hell were you thinking?"

"It was just a little prank mom," I reply while leaning back in the lumpy chair, closing my eyes while I try to stall the headache forming. Okay so maybe filling Mrs. Higgins desk with spiders wasn't my best idea but it definitely wasn't my worst. I mean compared to the other pranks I've pulled this one was mild, hardly worth the trip to the principals office.

"Ah Miss Brennan. I should have guessed it would be you," the principal says while loudly plopping into his big leather chair.

I slowly open my eyes and give him a huge smile. "I just couldn't stay away Jim. I missed you so much."

He ignores my comment and turns his gaze on my mother. "Evangeline this was the last straw. I'm sorry but I have no other choice. I have to expel her."

My mouth drops and I force down the smile that is tugging at my lips. From the moment I got here I have been doing everything I could think of to get me expelled, and now a year later he's finally giving up?

"Jim there has to be some other way! Can't you just give her detention like usual or..." she trails off, desperately trying to think of a way to keep me here.

"I'm sorry but this school can't handle her anymore. She's being expelled and that's final."

I grin and get up from the chair, smoothing out the wrinkles in the plain blue uniform. "Well if we're done here I guess I'll go see myself out."

My mom lets out a whimper and gets up from her chair, following me while I make my way out of the school. I make my way over to my mom's Suburban and I plop into the front seat, a big smile still dancing on my lips.

Finally. I have Freedom.

"Isabel I'm sending you to live with you're brother. Hopefully he can knock some sense into you," she declares as she drives down the highway.

I choke on the air. My brother? Sense? As a role model?

"Mom, I don't think that's a good idea. You know how he's in college and he's the big 21... Putting us together like that with him as my guardian. Yeah not a good idea," I ramble.

Her face stays set in a firm line and she continues driving, never taking her eyes off the road. "I'm sorry Isabel but this decision is final. You're staying with your brother."

I bang my head against the window repeatedly. It's not like I hate my brother, no its the opposite. I love him to death but right now is not the opportune moment to see him. Yeah you're confused? Well basically I pranked him. I pranked him good and he still hasn't gotten me back yet. Sending me to live with him? Yeah not smart.

I must have dozed off from all the thoughts of pranks my brother could do because the next thing I know my mom's shaking me awake and telling me to get out of the car. Lazily, I open my eyes only to be met with a huge mansion literally glowing in the moonlight. I let out a low whistle and climb out of the car, grabbing my already packed suitcase courtesy of my mother.

I walk up to the double front doors, preparing to knock but only to be met with an already unlocked door. I make my way in to see a massive foyer. On the left and right there are staircases leading up where they meet in a hallway. Above my head on the ceiling is a huge crystal chandelier. Between the two staircases I can see the living room. Walking in, there's a huge dining room on the left with paintings hanging on the walls. On the right is a huge kitchen which leads to the in-ground pool out back. How in the world does my brother afford this?

I turn to go back to the foyer but smash straight into something hard.

Wait...

Why is there a wall in the middle of the hallway? My eyes travel upwards and I see beautiful blue eyes. Well they would be beautiful if they weren't used for glaring at me. Guess he's not a wall. I take a few steps backwards and checkout the person I smashed into. His face is sharp, jawlines clearly evident. He has dark hair almost black, and a muscluar build that screams UNDERNEATH THESE CLOTHES I'M PERFECTION. Overall he's insanely handsome, the type of guy all the girls dream of finding.

"Who the hell are you?" he finally questions while he continues giving me the death glare, but netherless checking me out, staring a little too long at my neck, boobs, and hips.

"Who the hell are you?" I reply as I take a step back.

"Don't reply with the question I asked you. Now who are you?" he demands while taking a few steps closer.

"I don't know, you tell me," I retort with a smirk.

His eyes flash and he closes the gap between us, shoving me against the wall so that I'm pinned beneath him. "I don't have time for games cupcake. So either you tell me your name, get the fuck outta here, or I kill you."

"Jesus that turned deadly real fast," I state with my eyebrows raised.

He narrows his eyes and goes to say something, but suddenly stops and says, "Hello Tyler."

I jerk my head to the side, looking over his shoulder, and spot none other that my wonderful brother. "Tyler long time no see. You have no idea how happy I am to see you! But before we catch up you need to call animal control. This psycho beast is in your house and-"

"Ah I see you've met Adrian. Adrian, Isabel. Isabel, Adrian," he introduces while plopping down on the fancy couch.

"You know her?!?" Adrian says while giving me a disgusted look.

"Yes, this is my sister. You know the one who's going to be living with us from now on?" Tyler says as a grin appears on his face.

"You have to be fucking kidding me," Adrian growls while shooting me a glare and walking out of the room. I watch him go until I know for sure he can't hear me.

"What's his problem?" I question as I take a seat on the expensive leather couch.

Tyler chuckles. "Oh trust me if you think he was bad there, wait till you see him when he's angry or hungry."

I sigh. "Guess it could be worse. Anyways which room is mine?"

Tyler shrugs. "As long as it isn't one of ours, it's fine."

I smile and get up from the couch, walking towards my room. Before I leave the room I freeze and ask, "That reminds me. How the hell do you even afford a place like this?"

"That's one thing we have Adrian to thank for."

Nodding my head I rush up the stairs, suitcase in tow, and run into the first room I see. Luckily, the room is empty. I open my suitcase and start unpacking, looking around the room at the decorations. The room is square, with a balcony, a bathroom, and a big closet. Bigger than my room back home. Still, the room may be bigger but that doesn't mean I'm happy to be living in this small town. Like how in the world do they expect me to fit in. This town has one high school, and this stupid community is well knit and tight. Now, bring in me. I'm basically a walking freak show. How did my mom ever expect me to fit in? Why couldn't I have gone to the same high school all my childhood friends go to? That was the whole reason I wanted to get expelled from the stupid private school.

That's the thing. She doesn't care and that's why she sent me to live with good ole Tyler for the rest of the year. But honestly! I barely survived freshman and sophomore year with Tyler at home. Now throw in Adrian?

It's set up for me to end in a train wreck!

My phone beeps and I glance at it seeing that it's half past twelve. Damn it I have school tomorrow. I throw on a black tank top with some cutoff sweatpants, too tired to wear the regular silk and lace.

I stumble over to the bed, realizing how tired I really am. I switch off the lights, pull up the covers and settle into the mattress, pulling the duvet up around me. I glance at my phone one more time before I close my eyes and dread what's yet to come tomorrow.