Chapter Four: Losing Control

Hello again! Im sorry for the long wait, again. Dude I suck for that... sorry! Just sorry haha. Um, I wasn't sure how to write this chapter. I hope it goes well :)

Its quite sad, sorry for all the saddness lately D:

May 11th, 1800

Charlie's POV

It's been a while since Emmet and Aurora left me; a couple of hours has passed or perhaps an entire day has gone by. I'm not too entirely sure how fast time moves around me, sometimes it feels fast while other times it feels as if all time has stopped. I am barely aware of what happens around me, like the water changes or even how hungry I am or their visits. Their daily visit is nothing more than a blur to me while my anger is the only crystal clear thing I seem to remember. The anger I cannot control and that I feel as if it is not my own.

Anger. 

Thats all I ever feel. I am consumed by it. Slowly being destoryed by it. I can feel my own soul darkening. The anger haunts my sleepless nights with images of me hurting the ones I love. A small voice in the back of my mind whispers awful things that I could do to exact my revenge on those who did this to me. On those who made me this way. On Aurora and Emmet.

I wake up with deep scratches on my face and arms, bleeding into the water around me but it heals in an instant, leaving no proof of my horrible nightmares. No proof of the little voice in the back of my head. Leaving only the deep feeling of pain, and anger.

It took me awhile to realize it's my own voice. Whispering, in a sickly sweet and alluring voice things that I could do to them. Things I can do with the growing power I feel pulsing painfully through my own veins each and every day. Power that begs to be released.

The dark power I some how aquired hums loudly in my ears as if it's screaming and it never seems to stop. Never. For hours it screams and screams, drowning out my own screams. The only time is stops is when the whispering comes back and that, is the only thing worse than the screaming.

The more it speaks the more my gold scales change into black scales. I pull my tail up to my chest, biting down hard on my lips, so hard that it bleeds but the pain is nothing compared to what I feel when my scales change. I feel each and every little scale as if they are tiny needles burying themselves into my skin. Digging deep into my soul, consuming more and more of my soul and ripping apart my sanity. No matter how hard I fight it, it manages to ring loud and clear.

Charlie, sweet, sweet Charlie. It will stop. All of this will stop if you just allow yourself to succumb to it. The power you have, the beautiful darkness that resides inside you cries out to you but you don't listen

"No."

Imagine their fear when you finally come to them. When you finally show them what you are capible of. The fear in their eyes will be the sweet, sweet beauty you will see before you consume them. Your reward will be the control you will have over their puny, pathetic kingdoms.

"Stop... stop, please stop. No..." I cover my ears with my hands but I know it does nothing to drown out the voice. My voice.

Sweet, sweet Charlie. How easy it will be to destory them! The voice snarls in my head.

"No... no, no."

You cannot hide away in this cave forever. Soon, it will be too much for you and you will BEG for the release of power. Soon... Sweet, sweet Charlie, you will revel in their suffering!

"Never... no, no, no.... I will never hurt them." I silently whimper to myself while I watch the black scales grow more up my arms and then, the screaming returns and the voice vanishes. And I vow to never use this power.

Even if it kills me...

Whoop there it is. 

Understand what is happening to Charlie? :O 

Am I evil or what?