#5: the sun

"Last night you were in my room. And now my bed sheets smell like you."

#####

If someone tells Chaeyoung that she will take a stroll in the cold at 2am, more so with a drop dead gorgeous woman who isn't Tzuyu, she'll probably laugh like there's no tomorrow.

C'mon, 2am? Really? Knowing herself, she's either getting drunk in the club or sound asleep in her bed.

But here she is. After their heartwarming supper in the convenience store, Chaeyoung decides to go for a casual walk with Mina around the streets of Hongdae in the wee hours of a cold winter morning.

To be honest, she just doesn't want to end the night yet.

"I have work tomorrow," Mina says softly, "Well technically, it's later."

Chaeyoung nods reluctantly. Torn between letting go of Mina or giving into her selfishness.

She decides to stall for time, "I'll walk you home."

It's a brief, quiet 20 minutes walk. Sometimes, Chaeyoung plays with Mina's fingers or draws imaginary circles on Mina's palm with her thumb while keeping their hands intertwined.

Upon Mina's small basic apartment, the taller girl pulls her hand away from Chaeyoung's grasp sheepishly.

"We're here," she mutters under her breath. Her eyes fixated on her boots, too scared to meet Chaeyoung's stormy gaze.

Chaeyoung stares wordlessly at the flustered girl. She takes a step closer and lifts up her chin. Her heart flips when those intricate brown orbs seem to grow cloudy and darker than usual.

"Do you want me to go now?" Chaeyoung begins to test the waters.

Mina bites her lower lip to stop it from quivering.

Do you want her to go now?

Mina is certain if she starts speaking, her voice will crack, so does her emotional defense. She almost wants to shake her head in reply but she finally settles with a curt nod. Against her will.

I guess she really doesn't want me around anymore.

Chaeyoung sighs and cups Mina's cheeks with both hands. Taking a moment to drink in her perfect features for one last time, she leans in to plant a kiss on her lips as a sign of their farewell.

To her utter surprise, Mina's hands press onto her head. Their supposing chaste kiss deepened. With her eyes closed, it doesn't take long for Chaeyoung to slip her tongue into Mina's mouth and explore every inch of the cavern. Their bodies melt into each other, gradually burning from desire.

They're French kissing in the middle of the street, oblivious of the risk of being seen, as both girls have only one thing in mind.

Her.

"I'm starting to think we have a kink for public places," Chaeyoung manages to pull away from their intense lip locking for a breather. Her arms are still entangled around Mina's trembling body. Her eyes widen spotting Mina's swollen red lips.

"Shut up," Mina chides in embarrassment.

Before Chaeyoung can even retort, Mina drags her briskly into the electronic lift. Thank God it's nearly 3am and nobody is around to witness two women in heat. When the automatic doors ding to shut, Mina lurches forward and traps Chaeyoung against the metal wall, two hands clenching beside her head. Finding herself being held captive under Mina's scorching gaze, the shorter girl feels herself weakened at the sight of a very bothered Mina.