6 | s l u m b e r i t a w a y

| Slumber It Away |

The door opens.

Everything is dark and I can't see a human in the darkness.

'It's too dramatic to break bad news like this', I think to myself idly at the moment.

All of a sudden, the room lights up and I stand still in shock.

As if on cue the happiest upbeat songs start playing from Lillian's living room. The whole living area is lit with a dim red light with a disco ball hanging overhead emitting its own reflection.

The first thing I notice is a very Lili excited is standing behind the door in her pastel coloured pyjamas and a messy bun. She has a glass of champagne in her hand and by the looks it, she cannot keep her calm at all.

I turn my head and in front of me is Ian, the little boy is shirtless and only in his pyjamas like his elder sister. He is standing on one of the ottomans laid out and has his arms spread as is wanting me to run and hug him. He has the cutest little crown on his head making him look like a little prince. A very excited Blue is on his legs beside Ian and he is barking away in excitement.

I walk inside, my mouth still hanging open at what they have done. I gape at the silk neon banner which says 'Congratulations'. There are different bowls of snacks laid down on the kitchen counter along with a variety of booze. The kitchen is adorned in fairy lights, giving it a Disney like feel.

I open my mouth to thank Lillian when she engulfs me in a hug.

The next couple of moments go by like magic: Ian snaps a picture with what seems like a Polaroid camera in his hands; I am still in shock just when the song switches to Polaroid and like clockwork Lillian lets me go. Ryan walks in; like his younger brother, he is naked from the waist up. He looks like a dreamy model in his sweat bottoms, someone in a movie or an ad can look this way, the way Ryan does right now. I would drool if I could.

( I recommend playing the song along at this point, I have added it above )

Let me tell you how it happened
I wasn't looking for someone that night
No, I was never a believer
But you could fall in love at the first sight

He walks towards me with a straight face and a bottle of beer in one of his hands. His perfect abs are very much visible in this low light. He looks delicious. 'Get a grip, Mia,' I tell myself internally.

But all of a sudden
We loved and got lost in the moment
All of a sudden
She's gone in the flash of a light
I never was looking, hmm
I'll be looking for the rest of my life

I am glued to the ground somehow and unable to move my lips to top it all my brain has stopped working as well. As he nears me, I can see a smirk playing on his lips.