Chapter 23

I saw Jason laying on the ground and Spencer right next to him, checking for any wounds. Spencer looked up as McCarthy stopped the truck right next to them.

I quickly got out of the passenger seat and ran towards them, going to my knee's next to Jason's head. He was still unconscious, but his jacket was off. There wasn't any blood on his torso, which made me relax a little, knowing that he didn't get hit by any shrapnel nor did he get shot.

"What happened?" I asked Spencer, lifting Jason's head a little trying to feel a head wound.
I didn't want to lift his head too much for fear of making him paralyzed from the neck down.

"He was running towards a helicopter, that was about to take off and when it did, the force of the air from the blades knocked him down. I think he hit his head." just as he said that, I felt a lump, the size of a golf ball, on the back of his head.

"Did you see anything else?" I asked, removing my hand.

"No. I was too focused on Jason."

I nodded.

"We need to get him on the truck and to the hospital."

Spencer nodded and grabbed his legs as Liam came over and grabbed Jason around the shoulders and picked him up, being careful of his head.

I went up to Chris, who was leaning against the front of the truck next to Tyler.

"Do you still have your walkie-talkie?" I asked him.

"Yeah." he replied, getting off the truck and reaching behind his back to produce the little device.

"I'm going to radio in Mariah and tell her about our situation." I told them, turning the device on and playing with the dial's until I got the right one.

"Lieutenant Buchmann, come in." I said through the speaker. I waited for a couple minutes before trying again.

"This is Lieutenant Buchmann. We got everything secured here; so far nothing has hit us." she responded back. "The president is in his safe room with agents to guard him and the rest of us is either in the house or outside looking for anything suspicious."

I heard her release the button before I replied back.

"Good work, Lieutenant. Make sure he stays in there until one of u goes and gets him. But I need you and the team back here at the base ASAP." I released the button, waiting for her reply.

"Why? What's going on?"

Anger raged within me. Not because of her questions, but because of what he did to us already.

"Jones wasn't planning on attacking the White House. He was planning on attacking the base. He wanted us to think that because he wanted us out of here while he destroys it."

"He sent us on a wild goose chase." she confirmed.

"Yep. I need you guys down here as soon as possible. Keep the President in the safe room in case something happens. We don't know what Jones will do." I told her.

"Yes, sir. I'll tell your tem the new plan." she said before the walkie-talkie went silent, signaling that she turned it off.

"They're on there way." I told them. "It should be a couple hours before they here. In the meantime, we need to get Jason to the hospital and we need to find Sergeant Wood."

They nodded and we all piled in the truck. Chris and Liam stayed in the bed of the truck with Jason. McCarthy got in the drivers seat and turned the truck towards the hospital.

Hopefully they didn't bomb it.

BrothersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara