Chapter 38A B - Forge Ahead

Start from the beginning

"Arnav, would you stop being ridiculous and thanking me? I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else." She said soothingly, placing a kiss on his jaw and snuggling closer. "I knew...I talked to Di yesterday and she reminded me. I just...I couldn't stay away."

"Don't ever stay away." Arnav stated easily, his love for her unimaginably growing for her by the second.

"What time is it?" She asked sweetly.

"Too early for you to be worrying about the time. Sleep, I'll wake you up in some time. I'm just going to take a quick shower and then we can have breakfast together." He expressed, placing a kiss on her temple before attempting to get up and head to the washroom, however she reached out for him and pouted.

"Arnav...don't go." There was a hint of pleading in her tone, but her eyes only shone with adulation for him.

He smiled, feeling the corners of his eyes crinkling in the process as he leaned forward. "Khush, I promise I'll be fast. Just close your eyes for a bit and I'll be back before you know it." He ran his fingers through her errant strands of hair quickly before successfully getting up this time.

Khushi hugged the pillow next to her, sighing because it was nothing compared to the real thing. Although his scent did linger on the surface of his pillow, she noticed. She found herself opening her eyes and adjusting them to the light triumphantly moments later. Sitting up, she perceived that Arnav was still taking a shower. She had no track of time at this point of time, so she did not even know how long ago he went in. Dismissing her random thought process, she stretched relatively before throwing the covers off and standing up. She walked languidly, the smile that Arnav had so carefully placed on her face, still in place. She stopped in front of his full length mirror, taking a glance at her very messy form. She had never been one to stress over her appearance anyways, she thought as she ran her fingers through her hair. Arnav made her feel very beautiful, always.

Grasping the fact that sleep had decided to evade her, she made her way to his spacious kitchen. She wondered if he had ever made anything in here, as she gazed at the glossy wood that bordered the glass in the cupboards, the shiny silver and marble that she was suddenly surrounded in.

"This kitchen just makes me want to cook." Khushi muttered under her breath with a smile.

She headed over to his fridge, briefly scanning the various items as she bit her nails in confusion. She thought she would make breakfast for Arnav and surprise him.

However her thoughts went wayward when she heard the click of his front door, a key being swiftly turned and a door opening. Her eyes widened, wondering who it could possibly be and so she braced herself against the counter and peeked out into the living room to see.

----

Payal Gupta slipped a finger across the screen her iPhone as her alarm blasted once more, the loud English song resounded off the walls of her room, as she effectively turned it off. Groaning in her pillow, she turned over to make herself more comfortable however her phone had other plans. A shrill ringing interrupted the morning that was supposed to let her sleep in, as she turned and angrily picked up her phone. "What?!" She groaned into the phone.

"Payal!" The high pitched squealing on the other side did not help wake her up, yet made her annoyance level rise for not being able to sleep even more. "It's me, Shreya!"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes Shreya, I know your voice quite well. Why are you calling me so early?" Payal asked in her most sassy voice. Shreya was a new, sweet and very talkative friend she had been lucky enough to make in Lucknow. After her interview for the AR event, she had found Shreya around, waiting for her own interview. One thing had led to another, and they had ended up chatting for a while, realizing that they shared very similar interests. They exchanged numbers, and had even gone on a shopping trip together recently. Payal now considered Shreya as a very good friend, someone she could easily share anything with.