Chapter 38A B - Forge Ahead

Chapter 38A - Forge Ahead

He settled further into his pillow, watching her serene face in a peaceful slumber. A smile immediately made it's way to Arnav Singh Raizada's face, the curve of his lips only because he realized that this was a sight he was willing to wake up to every morning for the rest of his life. Her long lashes rested against the skin under her eyes, her hair was disheveled, and the slight pout of her lips making her look all the more adorable. His thoughts went back to the previous night; his delight grew after recollecting what had transpired between them both. He had shared with her, what no one else knew. Not even his Di. His feelings about his parents and how the death that ensued had affected him was a matter that he had planned to keep locked up in the back of his mind forever. But Khushi...she changed everything. It was now evident that being surprised would be habitual, with her in the picture. His eyes fell back on her, as he caressed her skin softly, making sure not to wake her.

And how easily had he shared everything...it was only because she had initiated it. She had showed him that he wasn't alone in this, that she had been sailing in a very similar boat. After the death of his parents, everyone had said they understood. This had made him scoff; lash out to the point where a flicker of hatred formed for the people around him. How could anyone other than him and his family possibly understand? However, when she said it...he could feel that she truly did. And it was not only because she had a similar situation, but more because she understood him.

He sighed, pulling her closer to his own body. She turned in her sleep, wanting to move further away however she was hindered by Arnav's hand tightly clasped around hers, something he himself was unaware of. It was just uncontrollable, something he did instinctively.

Her eyelids slowly started to open, but the sunlight hit her orbs making her close them once more as she frowned. Shaking his head with a smile, he thought of how much his Khushi loved her sleep. His fingers caught hold of the edge of the covers, lifting them up over their head so she was shielded from the light. Suddenly it felt like it was only them, in their small little world.

He watched her eyelashes flutter as she stirred in her somnolence, a sudden smile gracing her face although her eyes were still shut. She stretched and then threw her arm around Arnav's neck, moving closer to place her face in the crook of his neck. He pulled her closer, smiling as well as he tucked her in under his chin.

"Did you sleep alright?" His voice was husky from having scarcely awoken.

He felt her nod, "Did you?" She asked pulling her face away to stare at him despite her drooping eyes.

He fought the urge to laugh at the picture she presented him with, the way she talked to him with nearly closed eyes. "I slept like a baby. I don't remember the last time I slept so soundly." He admitted.

She settled back under his chin and he felt her sigh happily. "I have that effect on people." She murmured sluggishly, but he could hear the smile in her voice.

"Oh really? I was actually hoping that you were the type who could keep me up all night." He said suggestively, smirking when she pulled back again and her drowsy eyes were now wide open while she tried to hold back her laughter.

"Arnav you are shameless." She smacked him on the chest as he tightened his hold on his Khushi.

"I guess you just have that effect on people." He threw her words back at her, loving the way her lips curved into his favourite smile.

"Khushi?" He asked after some time.

"Mhmm?"

"Thank you, for being there last night. I needed that. I always need you, but there are days when I especially..."