Letter from the Author

Start from the beginning

Special Thanks

While my previous works aren't as refined as Deviant Behavior came to be, they are still outlets of written passion that I intend on completing. They are a culmination of years' worth of trial and error, learning how to find my voice as a writer. The fact remains that none of them would have been possible without the help of the FanFiction Reddit; the person who inspired me to write, Fenjosi; and the incredible writer who helped me hone my writing through meticulous readings during a fic swap, Tafferling. Sub to that reddit page and check out their stuff - they are amazing.

If I hadn't met these incredible individuals or had become active in a community filled with readers and writers alike, this story and all the others would have been very different. They may have even never come to light.

I also want to take a moment to thank my loving boyfriend, who has supported me and kept my head above water since October of 2018. You were always understanding when I would disappear for hours on end without explanation, burying myself in homework or writing. You pushed me to better myself. You told me to keep going when others would have asked me, and have asked me, to stop. You'll never know how much I appreciate you, because as good as I am with words, I simply can't find them.

And, since we're on the shout-out train, I want to thank OctoCryptik, one of my best friends that I worked with for almost two years and is now a moderator in the Deviant Behavior Discord. You were among the first people in the "real world" that I shared this side of my life with. You didn't judge, you didn't pry, you just listened and allowed me to integrate you into a community that you've become a core pillar in. Know that I am both proud and thankful for our friendship, and everything you've done for me. I can't wait to see where streaming takes you.

As for Deviant Behavior itself, it was supposed to be an 8-chapter-long smutfic with just enough plot to satiate my need to give some extra life into this fantastic universe. 8 chapters turned into 20, and 20 chapters turned into enough for more than one book. The story's outreach has touched Tumblr, , Wattpad, and AO3 alike.

Since then, this fic has inspired more than 20 pieces of art, 5 translations, 6+ writing pieces, an audio book, and was even noticed by Bryan Dechart on Twitter.

To these creators and the various members of the Deviant Behavior Discord – I love you, and words can't express how much our interactions have meant to me. I've become close with so many of you, and we've been through so much together. We've created a community that I look forward to being a part of long after this series is complete, a message I've repeated countless times.

From those of you who have been around since day one, to those of you who binged this piece in a few sittings – thank you.

No matter how you got here, thank you all for making this journey more.

Message from the Betas

MjrGenMatt

To the fans of Deviant Behavior:

Eleven months ago, our dear friend Taylor took the time one warm evening to message me about this cool new game she'd bought, and beat me over the head with how I needed to buy it (and a PlayStation 4 on which to play it). Two weeks of waffling later, we compromised and I did the thing. What followed was an experience in actual wonderment at the game's potential, and during the course of the next few days I could practically see the gears turning in her head as this story became more and more of an untamable entity. As some of you might know, mostly because I would never shut the hell up about it, this story was originally intended to eight chapters long, centered around Taylor's rampant thirstiness. What followed was a constantly evolving adventure, sweeping up a completely outrageously large fanbase, one that flooded our inboxes with comments full of praise, happiness, inspiration, and the occasional request for dicc. Through these comments, I met so, so many friends and acquaintances that changed my life for the better. This includes Elle, and Cherish, two people I cannot express enough thankfulness for having met. Seriously – you two have become two of the brightest stars in my sky, and I can't wait to see what adventures capture us. Along with Rachel and me, the four of us became the Beta Baes (or Beanie Babies). These three ladies, along with the one that wrote this beast, are friends I hope to keep for, like, ever. We created a Discord server to interact more closely with all of you, and quite frankly I wouldn't change any of it. I established myself as a mainstay of the server, in more ways than one, and despite the tendency to push my buttons, you're all most certainly very important to me. I appreciate having had the chance to work on this story while discussing, teasing, or otherwise shooting the breeze with all of you fine deviants.