Semper Fidelis

November 9th, 2038
AM 08:36:47

Your alarm jarred you out of the best sleep you've had in years.  The kind where you don't have to worry about CyberLife assassins killing you in the middle of the night.  You winced in panic as your body forgot the arms holding it close.

Aside from when he'd slept next to you after your night terror, it'd been years since you shared a bed with someone...and with Connor balanced on the edge, almost ready to fall off – that was apparent.  You wondered if he'd wake up if he fell, or if stasis mode would have him land on the floor.

Your phone vibrated and chirped, jumping around on your nightstand on the far side.  You yawned, and lazily dug your hand in the plush bed that would need washed a hundred times to cleanse it of the sins taken place the night prior.

Your back went cold as it left his chest, his arms sliding off with soft "thuds" as they landed on the mattress behind you.  You reached for your phone, and fell just short.  His grasp had returned.

"Good mor-"

The bend of his elbows curved around your waist as your fist closed around his hair, his lips planted on your neck.

"Connor-"

You wiggled, trying to escape.  The side of his face pushed against yours, smothering you into your pillow.

"Con-"

"Mmhh-"

"What?"

He nuzzled against you, "Sh."

He took a deep breath, your hairs shifting towards him and flattening as he exhaled.  He let out a pleasant sigh, a smile creeping on his lips.

Your alarm was still blaring and started to give you a headache.  You looked at it desperately.

"It's so lou-"

It turned off, Connor's LED spinning blue against your forehead.

"Was...was that you?"

"Mhm."

He rubbed his face against yours, his nose digging into your cheek.  His arms tightened around you, his knees folding up under yours.

"Connor," You giggled, turning your head so that your lips were just below his, "We have to go to work..."

He mumbled something, and buried his face in your hair.

"What?" You laughed, petting the back of his head.

"Mmstillbooting-"

He pulled the blanket over the two of you, the light from the balcony drowned out in maroon.  His chest was flush against your back; a position that seemed to be his favorite, and he snuggled against you like he just couldn't get enough.

"Why are you so stubborn?" You sighed, puffing a bubble of cotton out of your face.

"Because I can be, now."

He leaned over to kiss your cheek, his LED like a night light under the comforter.

"Like you weren't, before..." You rolled on a shoulder, still held by his strong arms as you stole a kiss.

"That is true." He kissed you back, pushing you into your pillow, "However, now I am free to do things like this."

Something hard slid between the gap in your thighs.  You bit back a moan, and his hand closed around your throat, gently turning your face to his as he lifted one of your legs.