Heads. Crowd.

More than just Markus, and North...more than...

"To..."

There were so many – all in perfect, wrinkleless CyberLife uniforms cut and molded for their specified frames.

"Remain..."

And yet, they were rallied behind a leader.

"Silent..."

A righteous authority that carved a path through his people, stopping only a few feet away. You saw him so clearly. Felt the divine wrath brewing overhead, ready to strike down on the mortal souls residing inside you and your partner.

"It's you."

Your entire body tensed. You couldn't focus on either of his eyes – of Chloe's, the one reminding you of a life you'd rather forget, or his – reminding you of how you failed to free his kind; failed to do what he was doing.

You swallowed and wet your lips, "This doesn't have to be like at the plaza. It's just us, now."

"Of course you'd say that." His eyes narrowed, and he cocked his chin, "You're on the losing side."

"I was just following orders, Markus." You straightened your shoulders, finding him in the barrel's iron sights, "Or have you already forgotten what that's like?"

"It was your choice to follow those orders." North shouted, "I'd rather die than be enslaved."

"That's not how the world works." You shot her an undermining glare, "You can't just live outside of the law because it doesn't apply to you. Change comes in waves, not moments..."

"That's easy for you to say. You've never been in our place."

"Yes, I have." You lowered your gun, "I have been in your place."

"Then come with us." Markus offered, "Help us put a stop to this so that we may live free, and the city can return to a peaceful state."

"Don't listen to him." Chris muttered, "He's just going to kill us as soon as he gets the chance."

"Killing her is not my intention." Markus shifted his weight, "What happens to you, depends on her."

Your lip twitched, and you scoffed.

"You should be ashamed of yourself." You kept the shotgun lowered, "Carl would be so disappointed."

Markus was taken aback by that, "Carl?"

His interest was piqued.

"Yeah, Carl. And thanks to your reckless public showings, he was left without a caretaker. You know who had to move in to take care of him?"

He didn't answer.

"Elijah."

He looked away.

"That's right. Elijah Kamski, the man who made you."

"If memory serves..." Markus returned his gaze to you, then, "He's the man who made you, too."

You wanted to hit him. Punch his flatlined lips right off his face and knee him in the ribs.

"We wouldn't let anything happen to you. I didn't get here by making mistakes." He urged.

An echo came from a few blocks away. A whining sound and a sputter of tires. You sighed a steaming cloud of relief, a smile widening on your face.