Your words were weighted, breathless – mashed together in a sad excuse for an answer.

But you didn't need words to finally get your message across to the mob; that they weren't fucking getting past you.

They took small steps backwards, even if they were pacing and watching you like they were waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

The army of hidden eyes and scarved faces. Of leather jackets and puffy coats – of moms, wives, sisters; of fathers, husbands, and brothers...just like the police marching right beside you.

But they, were on the wrong side of the law.

The rebel army that you'd protect by teaching them a harsh lesson on restraint.

"UNITED!"

Riot Control shouted.

"WE!"

You joined them, cranking your baton around your side with adrenaline-fueled vigor. Your HUD flashed with a message.

!WARNING!

Heavy impact taken to shield's [FRONT] panel.

You ignored it, taking a step forward.

"STAND!"

Certain shouts became piercing as the rioters' heads turned on a swivel.

[31] R.ROYAL: "AND DIVIDED!"

Your eyes narrowed, cocking your head to the side as an unfamiliar voice came through the comms...but the microphone picked up a loud noise from the opposite end of the riot in the form of a squiggling line.

"WE!"

You smirked at the chant the other insertion team bellowed.

"AMBUSH!"

There was a disturbance behind the rioters, and they didn't know how to react. Didn't know which group of police officers to focus on.

Sensory overload alongside swift brute force – another Marauder tactic.

[31] R.ROYAL: "Almost at the rendezvous point, 32!"

L.LASTIMOSA: "Welcome to the party, 31."

[31] R.ROYAL: "Ah, Liera...Of course you're out here in this shit."

C.GRENIER: "Clear the channel, we've got a runner!"

An aerial view from Widget showed a woman with a scarf dangling to her knees and a tank top giving way to dirt-smudged arms. You wondered if she was cold, but immediately jumped to more troubling matters. Her hands were fastened around a long pole, a tattered United States' flag waving in the wind.

Her animal-like features were electrifying as she grew closer...and closer...and closer, until the pole was lowered like a joust.

[CPT] D.ALLEN: "VEGA!"

[K-9] J.VEGA: "Releasing Vector-5, Captain."

She didn't crack when the deep barks started, or the pitter-patter of nails tapping along the pavement.

You planted the side of your fist along the inside of your shield, your baton sticking out as your forearms met; ready to take the brunt of the javelin taking aim...

The woman didn't get the chance to launch it.

Massive paws replaced her shoulders, pinning them down; outfitted in a four-legged variant of a DPD POLICE vest...