Then she pointed to the androids.

"BUT WHO. ARE. WE?"

She was the leader of this legal gathering, the army of 10 that was about to unleash their own battle cry:

"RIOT CONTROL!"

One louder than "No More Androids," a petty attempt at conveying public opinion. More powerful than "We Are People," because being humanewouldn't put this kind of madness to a stop.

"AND UNITED-"

"HOO!" Clank.

"WE-"

"HOO!" Clank.

"STAND!"

"HOO, HOO, HOO!" Clank. Clank. Clank.

Liera clicked the side of her helmet, her visor hiding her face before she fell in line and disappeared behind you.

L.LASTIMOSA: "SHIELDS!"

The city shrank into the eye-level window cut in your shield as your shoulder rolled, placing it in front of you. Your breathing and the licking of your lips filled your ears. The ends of the trucks came and went between hot gusts frosting your visor.

Their engines roared, and the knobby tires with deep treads dug into the asphalt as they began to turn. Pebbles scraped against the road. Rocks cracked underneath the weight.

They were the 16-ton curtain being drawn to reveal the prize the rioters had earned – you, and the others armed to the teeth that bridged the gap between both vehicles.

The initial shock from the crowd was short-lived...

The impending doom in their features, however, wasn't.

It was a terrifying sensation, striking this kind of fear into the hearts of the same civilians you'd taken oaths for.

L.LASTIMOSA: "PUSH UP!"

It was a simple procedure, really. To take a step forward, beat your shield with your baton, and shout along with the chorus of voices like you'd practiced.

To them, on the other side...it must've been menacing.

Just not menacing enough to keep them at bay...

Because impulse was another fear response, and it ran rampant through the crowd as they charged.

L.LASTIMOSA: "Here they come – BRACE!"

Angry fists and rolling bodies beat your shield, the kinetic energy flowing through your arm to the handle as blood-thirsty howls were aimed at a Godless sky.

Your head whipped to the side, smacked by something heavy that'd been thrown from beyond your field of vision. Droplets coated your visor as you shook your head, straightened your shoulders, and pushed back.

"FUCK YOU!" A man hollered, his breath fogging the glass that kept your eyes under lock and key.

You ground your teeth, braced yourself – and he kicked off your shield.

He stumbled backwards, caught by his comrades and thrown back into the fight.

C.MILLER: "You good up there?!"

You sucked in wet air, holding it there before letting it out in sync with another shove.

"As-good-as-I'm-gonna-be-"