Chapter 4

Quinn woke to plain daylight, angry and confused

Quinn woke to plain daylight, angry and confused. Her head felt heavy from the lack of good sleep and loss of appetite.

After yesterday's incident with Dravon in the library, she felt overwhelmed and emotionally drained. His dominance was overpowering and even in her sleep, she was haunted by his thoughts, his sexy smile and his passionate lovemaking. He wanted her to completely obey him, no question asked. She heaved a long sigh. He knew everything about him was addictive and she needed him. Using her weakness to his advantage was no big deal for him.

"Oh, God,' she groaned, and rolled out of bed, clutching her pounding temples while she staggered, half naked into her baby pink bathroom.

'Oh, God,' she groaned again in horror when she saw her reflection in the mirror. Her long layered hair was a mess, her brown eyes looked tired and puffy with her face which lacked glow today.

But it was her infinity tattoo on her neck that drew and held her attention. She hadn't realised yesterday. . .

Quinn stared at them for a long moment before shuddering fuzzily.

Suddenly, the full horror of what she'd recently feared hit her, and she sank down on the side of the bath, her head dropping down between her knees as the nausea rose from her stomach. For a few seconds, the room spun, but the moment passed. Her infinity tattoo was fading. Was it the result of distancing herself from Dravon? That must be it or she was just being paranoid. He never told her about the consequences of breaking the coven rules.

Quinn braced herself with hands on knees and slowly lifted her head.

Quinn stood up abruptly and walked over to the shower, snapping on the water and standing there testing till it was hot enough. Stepping into the steaming spray, she shut her eyes and turned her face upwards, closing her mind to everything but the steady beating of its cleansing, reviving heat for a couple of blissful seconds.

She had to face the coven members in high school. There won't be any way to avoid them. And by this moment, Dravon must have informed them of her total obedience to Byron and neglecting them.

She sighed deeply at the thought.

***

"Have you heard the news?" Jade asked Ash, a frown visible on her face. It was half past eight in the morning and most of the students seemed in no hurry to attend their classes. Ash leaned against his locker, glanced briefly at Jade and took a bite of his red apple with a careless shrug. "What news?"Ash asked indolently as he chewed loudly.

Jade turned him around, kept her gaze in the hallway and pointed at three newcomers. "That news."

Ash and Jade watched a girl accompanied by two tall guys walking in the long crowded hallway, all eyes on them.

"Who the hell are they?" he asked. "I don't know," Jade replied.

Ash shook his head. "Remind me your use of being the principal's daughter again?" he pointed out sharply. "What do you mean? You're a typical cynic Ash," Jade snapped at him. "It's your call to keep a tab on newcomers. But again, you seem too oblivious and lightheaded to make use of your father's position to our advantage."