"Hey," I say and hit her arm, "I am always early." A proud smile graces my lips at my declaration. Since I started work here, I have never been late. Not even once.

Chi rolls her eyes and says, "You know what I mean." She takes another look at her wristwatch. "It's not even seven yet."

To that, I have no response, not until we are alone and in a private place. "Will you join me in my office, please? I want to talk to you."

Chi's eyes raise to meet mine and she nods like a child who has been offered a trip to an amusement park. Her loop earrings dangle and she sticks out her tongue at me. I giggle, I know now that she comes from money, her parents are stinkingly rich but she will not introduce them to me. She says all I need to know is that they are rich and that is how she can afford the lavish life.

"How was your date?" My smile diminishes at her question and the guilt intensifies. "I was calling and because you were with man, Paul, you refused to pick. Is that how it is now? What if it was an emergency?"

There's no judgement in her voice but my sins will not let me meet her gaze. "That's what I want to talk to you about. But in my office." She stops what she's doing and cocks her head to one side. "Can we go now?"

A moment of silence passes, I bite my lip while waiting for her to finish what she's doing on her desktop. My fingers drum on the counter, I sigh and roll my eyes, she is taking too much time. I lean over the desk to catch a glimpse of what she is doing when I sense his presence behind me.

"Paul," I whisper as soon as I turn around.

The statement draws Chi's attention from her desktop, she smiles at him and he reciprocates. He hasn't spoken to me yet and I am not sure he will. I guess my refusal to kiss him means I am back to the silent treatment zone. I don't want that but I can't find the words to say to him.

His eyes lower to me and I shrink internally, his lips part open but he doesn't say a word, neither do I. I have no idea what to say to him. We are done, now what? I don't know. Chi must have noticed the tension because she clears her throat and I offer her an awkward smile. She reaches over the counter, pinches Paul on the cheeks and retracts her hand with a wink before he has a chance to react. I sigh, almost choking with guilt. They are cute together.

"Let's go," she says and walks around the counter to join me. I take one last look at Paul who has his eyes set on Chi and a small frown on his face. They are so in love with each other, it's glaring. How did I miss it?

When none of them makes a move to end their staring bout, I grab Chi by the elbow and I don't let go until we are inside the elevator, far away from Paul. They can stare at each other like the main characters of a Bollywood movie when I am not there. Besides, I have a stupid confession to make.

"What's wrong with you?" Chi grumbles and smoothens the front of her gown. "What's up with you and Paul? How was the date?" She straightens up and gives me a onceover that has me cringing. How does she know all this? "You didn't like the place?"

The elevator is still six floors away from my office so I turn to look at her, I can't keep it in anymore. Chi's smile when she notices me looking at her is one of confusion, her hands settle on her waist and she raises her eyebrows. Her red knee-length gown hugs her curvy shape, as usual, we are almost the same height with our high heels.

"I kissed him," I say solemnly like she's a priest who I am confessing my sins to. In a way she is, it's her response that will take away some of the guilt I feel. "I kissed Paul."

Her hands on her waist drop to her sides, she averts her gaze and I take it as a sign that she's too disappointed in me to want to see my face. I can't blame her; I am a sham.