ii. the pacing

chapter twoooooo!! oh boy im so excited yall don't even know akskaka

-

two weeks

two weeks. it had been two entire weeks since the boy was last seen as the stadium. sure, this meant he was only 'missing' for two wednesdays in taehyung's eyes. however, he was complexingly confused.

and here it was: the end of a practice. the finale usually was later on in the night, but taehyung had been late either way. as he burst through the door and scattered his feet along the aisle, just soon enough to watch the cleaners emerge from their hideouts, he scoffed. collapsing onto a seat, he shut his eyes for a brief moment.

fuck hoseok and his fucking homework. thanks to him he might've missed the boy who observed so well.

either way, practice was over, and taehyung should've given up. he should've heaved his body out of the stadium doors, waved wearily to a packing-up receptionist, and crawled his way home in his crappy secondhand ride.

either way, he should've left.

but he didn't. in fact, he never even opened his eyes from the short rest. he laid his body further down, pulling down one seat next to his and leaning his aching head on the plastic.

he was so tired.

the singular subject that was running throughout his brain all day had been math, and he was sick of it. all he needed was a distraction. and that boy was his answer.

an hour had passed, and taehyung cautiously reopened his eyes, having realised what had happened before even doing so. he'd fallen asleep, when he could've just returned to his abode and rested in his own goddamn bed.

expecting someone to be hovering over him like they did in the movies, he was incredibly dissapointed when nobody was doing so.

clearly nobody came to collect him. clearly nobody cared.

he forced his body into an upright position and, once again, his eyes flew shut.

fuck, the exhaustion of studying was really getting to him. so much so, he could've sworn he heard grunts and cursing sounding from the stadium grounds.

no, there really were human noises coming from the pitch.

he repositioned to face the front and opened his eyes, meeting with the scenery that he'd least expected.

the boy was on the pitch!

"what the fuck.." taehyung said as he observed the boy pacing back and forth between a space of about 4 metres. he was dead centre, a ball lying a few feet away from the direction of his pacing. now that the boy was closer, taehyung could see he was well built, his torso a little small - something taehyung could relate to - but with strong, muscular thighs.

taehyung's mouth peaked open and he almost yelled a greeting, almost out of some kind of ridiculous reflex.

his curiousity was slowly returning, his mind wandering around with the latter's possible scenarios. maybe he was here to become a player? maybe he wanted to audition? in that case, taehyung could help. heck, his dad owned the place, taehyung could probably give the boy anything he wanted.

it was these thoughts that drew taehyung past the aisle and down the stairs, towards the bannister. he was mesmerised, his wonder for the boy stronger than it had ever been. he could smell the mystery, the mistiness of the situation growing intensely potent by the minute.

"hey," he spoke hoarsely, barely audible. he cleared his throat and spoke with a higher dynamic. "hey, kid."

the boy stopped. the pacing ceased, his head hung low, his chest rising and falling deeply.

fuck, was he caught? he didn't mean to, he just needed to-

"hey, i'm speaking to you." the voice called again.

his heart raced unbearably fast, his knees buckled as though a belt had tied them together. he squeezed his knuckles and eyes shut tight, turning slowly to glance at who was calling him.

taehyung frowned, putting his arms on the top of the bannister.

"you deaf or some shit?" he asked, suddenly feeling a wave of guilt. what if he actually was deaf? no, he heard you call him, taehyung. don't be so dim.

"fuck, i'm so sorry man." the boy spoke, finally, finally. he sounded exactly as taehyung had imagined, the mysterious and clouded image of the boy becoming increasingly transparent. "i'll leave... shit please don't call security!"

the boy suddenly span on his feet, turning to completely face the older, though it was unknown yet.

"unless you are security..." he said at a quieter, timid tone. "i'm only sixteen, man, i don't know what i- i just wanted some fun." he threw his arms into the air then laced them through his hair. taehyung appreciated this gesture, watching as the chocolately maroon waves shook, a complete contrast to his own styled baby pink.

"it's okay." taehyung chose to not reveal his identity just yet. the boy, whom he'd discovered was younger than himself, already had so much unsurity surrounding him, taehyung deserved some. "what's your name?" as he called, he made his way towards the gate that lead to the pitch.

the boy watched with widened eyes. this man was about to absolutely beat him to death, there was no doubt about it. he needed a way out, he needed to find an exit, to run-

"kid, what's your name?" the man advanced, passing through the open metal and gradually closer.

"min yoongi." sorry, yoongs.

"okay, yoongi?" the boy sounded. he was surprised, it wasn't the kind of class name he'd expected. then again, the boy may have been full of even more surprises. "you wanna tell me why you're out here, this late?"

"i-" suddenly, the tone of the other wasn't as sure as it had once been. and as he inched closer, his features became clearer. the pink hair was already a sign that he was no older than twenty, but the softened features clarified. he had rather large, doe eyes, big old pretty things that the boy found his mouth gaping at.

"well?"

"it's only half seven."

taehyung reached into his pocket, brushing against the cardboard box and to his phone, flitting the screen on and eyeing the time. min yoongi was correct.

"oh." was all he could squeeze from the depths of his throat. suddenly, he looked up, and the boy was much closer, as though he had decided to close the distance himself. his features were much easier to distinguish. sharp eyes, that taehyung had expected, lips as orange as apricots, full cheeks with an oddly harsh jawline. he couldn't help but feel blood rushing to his face at the soft features, of yoongi.

"i'm taehyung," his facade faded. "kim taehyung."

-

what's your favourite food? ✨