Chapter 7 - Is He Sweet Or Is He Sour?

Is he sweet or is he sour?

After being frozen for atleast a minute, I regain the ability to move again and immediately run towards my blanket to cover myself up. When I'm wrapped in my blanket and my fast beating heart has slowed down a tad bit, I look towards where Asher stands in my doorway. He seems just as surprised as I am, and frozen in the spot. I gulp deeply at all the insults that must probably be going through his head.

I don't think that my body is ugly, but it's not amazing either. I don't have big boobs and a big butt like other girls. I don't have wide hips and perfect curves. I'm just an average skinny person, with no extra flab on my body. And most importantly, I don't have lace underwear that comes from Victoria Secret which is probably the kind of underwear that the girls Asher dates wear. I wear simple plain underwear and sometimes cartoon print ones as well. Currently, I'm wearing underwear with Pikachu on it. Not my best moment.

"Rosie." Asher says quietly, seeming to snap out of his trance. He walks into my room and quietly closes the door. This feels like dejavu, so I immediately back up towards my bed and away from him.

"What do you want?" I ask nervously.

"My mom said I should speak to you about you helping me with school work." He says. "Did you really agree to help me?"

"Uh.." I hesitate for a second, before remembering that I already told Mrs Dunhill that I would. I can't take back my word. But seeing Asher here now, makes me regret every single thing I said. "Yes I did."

"Wow. I'm surprised you would after acting like a bitch the other day."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "I was acting like a bitch?"

"Yes, you were." He rolls his eyes.

"If you came here to argue or tell me how ugly I am, then please just leave." I point towards the door.

I'm surprised when he smiles and instead of leaving he walks further inside. His eyes scan the pink walls of my room and he smirks.

"You like pink, Rosie?"

"It's my favourite colour." I answer.

"Oh really? Why isn't that surprising at all?"

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing."

I stare at how good he looks today and release a shaky breath. He's changed out of his school clothes and into a black t-shirt and jeans. He looks so good I want to take a picture of him and paste it on the wall above my bed.

"You don't have to cover yourself up you know? You don't have anything that I want to see."

My gaze fall towards the floor in disappointment. What was I thinking? Obviously Asher doesn't like me. I can't believe that I thought he might for even a second. I'm so stupid. Asher likes girls with pretty and clear faces, big boobs and butts and long legs that travel for days. Not people like me. Freckled face, ugly skinny body, short height and boring dull hair. I've never felt so imperfect in my whole life.

"Just get out, Asher."

"I don't want to."

"Why not?" I frown.

"Because why."

"That's not an answer."

"And I'm not obligated to give you one." He shrugs.

"Yes you are, especially when you're here intruding in my room." I frown, wanting to place a hand on my hip but realise that I'm still nearly naked underneath the blanket that I'm covering myself with.