Chapter 4 A Conversation With Carlisle

Start from the beginning

"What happened," Esme asks.

"I discovered that Bella Swan is my blood singer."

Carlisle and Esme look at each other and give Edward a sympathetic look.

"I reacted very badly to Bella sitting next to me in Biology class and was a little mean to her."

"Okay, so then what happened?"

"I tried to change my schedule but was unsuccessful, When I was leaving the office, I gave Bella a hateful glare and Astrid saw."

"And that's when things got interesting," Emmett says with a smirk.

"What happened," Carlisle asks.

"Astrid walked up to me and shoved me, and I almost fell."

Esme gasped.

She told me that if I ever make Bella feel bad again she would and I quote, 'kick the shit' out of me. Edward explains.

"I tried to lightly shove her away from Edward," Rosalie adds.

"Rosalie, you could have hurt her!" Esme exclaims.

"Esme, Astrid didn't even budge, she thought it was funny, she even told Rosalie to remove her hand or she'd break it off and shove it down her throat," Duncan tells her.

"Jasper even tried to calm her down, but it only seemed to make her angrier."

"In the end, she grabbed me by the shirt and asked me if I understood, I told her, yes, and she left."

"That is problematic, couldn't you hear what she was thinking?"

"No, not her or Bella, but Alice can at least see Bella's future, there's nothing for Astrid.

"It seems none of our gifts have any effect on her, not even our predatory gifts, she's completely uninterested in us," Jasper observes.

"So, we're thinking…"

"You all are thinking she isn't human."

"But she smells like every other human, I sat next to her in Anatomy class. I didn't notice anything off about her scent," Emmett says.

"That's just because you like her," Duncan tells Emmett.

"What's not to like, she's a badass."

"Who thinks you're an annoying ass," Rosalie reminds him, causing Emmett to pout.

"Whatever she is, I think she's not a threat," Carlisle says and the entire coven stares at him in disbelief.

"Look, it was obvious she was just defending her sister, anyone in her position would do the same. I suggest you watch her discreetly if she's a threat we'll talk to her. In the meantime, I'll do some research."

With the discussion over, everyone went about their own business. Edward decided he needs some time to himself so he left for the Denali clan in Alaska.

The next day Bella and Astrid go to school like any other day, when they arrive Bella's eyes immediately start searching for Edward, but she notices that he's not with his family.

"Well, what do you know the douche isn't here, good," Astrid says with a smirk.

"Astrid!"

"What? Now he won't bother you in biology, you're welcome." She says as she leaves Bella behind and goes to class.

The day progresses and all day long Astrid has ignored the Cullens, but she's not unaware of them. She knows perfectly well that for some reason they're discreetly watching her, and it's starting to get on her nerves. So by the time anatomy rolls around she's had enough.

She walks into class and sees Emmett sitting at their table, her eyes narrow at him. She goes to her lab table and takes her seat next to Emmett. He turns in his seat to say hi to her but she cuts him off.

"What's the deal with you and your family?"

Emmett's eyes widen slightly as he thinks that she's figured out their secret. He quickly recovers and gives her a puzzled look.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Of course you do, you think I haven't noticed? You guys have been discreetly watching me all day long and it's starting to piss me off."

"No, we haven't," Emmett says.

"Don't give me that, look if you want to know something, then just ask, but quit this covert staring shit, you're not good at it."

Emmett slowly shook his head, "No, there's nothing we want to ask you."

"Good then cut that shit out, now we have an assignment to do let's get to work," Astrid tells him and starts on her assignment."

Emmett agreed and got busy helping her with their assignment.