Candle light service

Start bij het begin

I shook the memory to the roof. It didn't fade away it just replayed in my head. I kept repeating I hate candle light services over and over. Then a thousand of childhood memories came in. Too much, too much.

I had to get it out of my head. I couldn't function. I was having a complete meltdown. Nothing could get rid of it, it had to be gone. I went into the kitchen and raided through a bunch of cabinets. Finding a bottle of rum and whiskey.

I sat on the couch gulping down 1/3 of each bottle, waiting for a miracle. Not even ten minutes later I felt woozy but relaxed. My parents would kill me. Not like they sat up cameras in the place. Or did they? No, what a stupid thought. I felt fine, in fact I think I drunk at least another 1/3. The room seemed to be spinning.

I didn't keep track of the time. I didn't even know what I did this morning. I stood up and laughed when I feel down. Ha, I can't even stand up. Did Maia come over today? I don't remember, I don't want to. I looked at the whiskey bottle. I drunk almost half. Was that bad?

The door opened and a familiar face was close to me. I looked closely trying to piece her together. It was Jen, who started to say something. "Man, are you drunk. No wonder your parents hired me. Too bad I didn't watch you, oh well, your still alive." It took me forever to process what she said.

"Thanks for your concern. It's always nice not to be watched."

"Oh honey, haven't your parents ever told you not to go snooping in the liquor cabinet." She smiled and I couldn't help but think it'd be nice to slap her.

"Yeah, but if they didn't want me to then they wouldn't have one." I untwisted the top of the whiskey bottle.

"Ohh, nooo you ain't drinking that. Not when I see you." She snatched it away and I noticed something. She was actually doing her job. Out of everything this was what she decided to take from me? Maybe it's cause I wanted it so bad.

"Hey, give it back." I reached for it, only to grasp air. I felt the floor for the other one, which wasn't there.

"Say good bye to them there going down the drain. So will what ever else I find." Something clicked in my brain. If she poured them all out my parents would notice and blame me.

"No, don't do that. I promise, I won't drink anything else." She looked at me and sat the bottles back in the cabinet.

"Better not, weren't you going to that candle light service for that guy. He was your age, you probably knew him." A bunch of stupid memories played in my head once again. Starting with Mia coming over asking me and then to now. Must have been a while since I drunk the 1/3 of those bottles. Now it was wearing off. I was blaming Jen for this.

"Yeah Maia asked me. I told her no, I hate candle light services." Jen sat down in the chair. She just looked at me, giving me chills. Which then lead to my adventure in the basement, now I really needed those bottles.

"Why don't you go, I can drive you." She was being awfully nice. Maybe she was just driving me to an edge of a cliff. She also had dead people in that car, no way was I getting in it now.

"No, I don't want to go." I lay back down on the couch. She went into my parents room. I sighed, there was nothing that could fix my memories. They were there, for good.

I got off the couch an hour later and I thought Maia said the service was at six thirty. I had fifteen minutes to get ready. I brushed my hair and attempted to straighten it. Then I walked out the door prepared to walk ten miles. I had to do what was apparently right.

That walk was took a little but longer than I expected but I got there at 6:20. I didn't bother to find Maia, there was too many people. I grabbed a candle and went toward the stands. I remember dropping my iPod on the steel stairs and it broke. Three hundred dollars down the drain.