"Yann Kim, Head Of Fae Community of Asia; kinda weird but a very pleasant person." Nyla chimed from in front of her.

"I second that!" Mikaela commented still absorbed by reading out names and writing the chosen ones on the cards. Aurnia nodded her approval and kept reading out the names and receiving info from the two females.

Three hours later they weren't even close to finishing - only two thousand down and four more to go. Aurnia let out a frustrated cry and dropped her pen, she had had enough. She needed a break or she would soon snap at anything or anyone.

Both Mikaela and Nyla glanced at her then shared a look and went back to saying out names. Aurnia would either hum in approval or grunt in disapproval. She had no energy for words.

Standing up, she shuffled towards the huge window-like doors and opened only one door. It swung open with a light squeak, letting the soft summer breeze flood the stale office air.

She breathed in the wet grass scent and purred lightly. It felt like months since she last had a fresh breath of air, when actually it was only a few hours.

All of...this, was suffocating her.

"Icarus Tomson, son of Vampire King Gr-" Aurnia's head snapped towards Nyla in a feral way, the beast inside looking through her eyes.

"What? Could you repeat that?" She urged.

"Son of Vampire King Gregory Tomson, future successor-"

"Not that, his name." She interrupted anxiously. Nyla furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, Aurnia's heartbeat was getting erratic and her face had paled. Something in her behaviour told Nyla that there was something which triggered her, she wasn't sure if she should repeat herself.

"Icarus Tomson..." the name echoed into the silent room just like the calm and silence before a storm. Aurnia's expression turned from horrified to void.

"Do you know h-"

"Who is he to Othello? To you?" Aurnia's voice was hardly above a whisper but it was hard, stone-cold even.

"He's one of the very few Vampires whom Othello actually appreciates, as for me I've never met him so I cannot draw a judgement. If you feel uncomfortable with him for whatever reason, we don't need to invite him." Aurnia contemplated for a moment; if Othello was close with Icarus and probably wanted him at the ceremony, then she shouldn't be selfish and not invite him.

Afterall, the past is just a sour memory and must stay behind for a reason.

She needed to get over her first love, her first kiss...her first everything.

She needed to forget about him.

Icarus had been a great part of her life - her salvation and her destruction but nevertheless a huge puzzle piece.

They had met when she was just at the ripe age of fifteen after her parents' death.

They were working at the same library after school hours, rarely talked to each other but the first time they did made them inseperable.

They soon were caught in a love spiral, opposites trying to attract, big bad wolf trying not to eat the lamb. He was possessively aggressive, sometimes towards her but most of the time at others. She thought that this was how one loved.

After a year of being together she realised that their entire relationship was a farce. A big fat parody.

She knew that love was not what he portrayed it to be, she knew she was caught in a lie. So she broke up with him.

He was furious. Gripped her arms like a mad man and shook her violently. He was screaming at her, profanities which she would never want to say even to her worst enemy.

But she was strong, and her will to leave him stronger. So she pushed at his chest and ran away. Not before she heard his putrid words.

"You should've died along with your parents, you are nothing without me! Nothing! You'll come crawling back to me! You'll see!"

It was the last she'd heard of him in three or more years.

Well, until now.

He terrified her but also ignited this flame of hope. Not the hope that they'll come back together, but the one that he'll apologise for his mistakes, for his behaviour.

She really hoped they could get along or at least be civil with each other; they both needed closure afterall.

"No it's fine Nyla. Invite him, it'll be nice to see an old friend." She sighed and walked over to the door she needed some rest, all of this was too much for her to handle at once. Exiting she went to Othello's and her's bedroom, letting the girls know she'd be back in a few hours to take over.

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■
Oh so the plot thickens...😏🤔

How are you guys?

Comment a little something or hit that little star to vote if you liked it!!!

Till next time,
Kisses!

~Nextdoorgirl101