Pt. 6: Come on Over

The next couple of days flew by quickly. She never knew she could have so much fun with the new addition to her short list of friends. Alex was a goof at heart, always having the right jokes at the right time. She didn't remember the last time she'd laugh herself into tears. Wednesday came around and she was thankful that it was at least the middle of the week. Three days down, two more to go. As she ran up the stairs to get inside of her building, was almost knocked down by shock when she seen the guy standing near her door. It was the same stance every time. This time he stood with his hands in his pockets, looking at her amused as she rolled her eyes. Today was suppose to be a good day. She was making progress.

"Hi Jade." He spoke so low it surely contradicted the arrogant expression he'd had a split second ago.

"James" Short, simple. Maybe he would take the hint and just leave her alone

If only things worked the way she'd planned them in her head

" Is it okay... If I come in? Just to talk. I really need someone to talk to."

She knew it was the same script. He would come over, pretend that he misses her, give her a sob story and end up right back in her bed. She knew he only came arind be cause he'd felt like he had lost control of her. He didn't text like he'd usually do. He didn't even call. He just showed up. If only she'd took her co-workers up on their offer for dinner after work. Instead, here she was.

"I'm kind of tired at the moment James. I wish you would've called or texted. I'm sorry you came over here on a blank mission"

Please Jade. I just need a minute of your time. I'll be out of your hair after."

"What is it? Why me of all people you can go talk to. Why come here?" She was starting to get annoyed

"I miss you Jade. I can't stop thinking about you. Every day every night. You won't answer my texts you won't even try to contact me. I know things aren't the best right now but my heart isn't over there with her. It's with you"

"What?"

"My heart belongs to you Jade. Can we please just talk?"

Jade battled with herself over James' confession. Was it real? Did he really mean the things he was saying? Taking a deep breath, she decided there was only one way to find out.

" Only ten minutes James. After that you have to leave."

"Ten minutes. Got it. "

James followed her into her building and up the stairs. Once she opened the door to walk in he trudged in behind her, slipping off his jacket and laying it across the couch. He took a seat next to her on the sofa and laid his hand gently across her thigh.

"My heart is with you Jade. I'm not where I want to be. Not with who I want to be with."

"Why are you saying all of this now James. Where did all of this come from?" Confused. It was the perfect word to describe the feeling that Jade felt.

"I've been thinking a lot. About you. About us. I want what we use to have. I miss that. I miss the feeling that I get when I'm around you. When I lay next to you. I know you do too." She did. She felt the guard she walked in with start to crumble. With tears in her eyes, she tried to study him to see if this revelation was genuine or not.

"I do. I do miss it." There goes the wall.

"I love you Jade." He spoke with so much sincerity. It'd been years since she'd heard those three words from him. It was all she needed.