"Derek visited but got paged for surgery if you were wondering."

Walking towards the little fridge in Meredith's hospital room, Yvonne took out a light cold bottle of bottled water. "So I'll stay with you until I'm needed out there."

"I can handle myself, Eve." As the younger sister peeked over her shoulder covered with her ponytail, she saw Meredith glaring at her with her eyebrow raised. "Just give me a wheelchair."

"You just had surgery, you're in pain and you need to rest, there's no way i'm giving you a wheelchair." She turned back around walking towards Meredith's bedside table as she filled a glass of water.

"Are you okay?" Meredith frowned as she placed her hand on top of Yvonne's who was still holding the bottle of water. "It's George isn't it?"

"Yes," Yvonne let out a deep breath through her mouth before she gave Meredith the glass filled with water the girl started fiddling with the blue plastic cap on the water bottle.

After she placed the glass on the bedside table without drinking from it, Meredith gave her sister two doubtful blue eyes and took a hold of her sister's hand.

"You know you can talk about anything to me, right?" Meredith tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she softly smiled at her younger sister. "That's what i'm here for."

"Meredith you know I would" Yvonne smiled down at her hands before she kissed Meredith's forehead and placed the bottle on the bedside table. "It'll be okay."

"Are you sure?" Meredith was now looking at Yvonne with a frown on her forehead as Yvonne nodded her head. "Because i'm all ears."

"I'm sure." Yvonne walked towards the door. Turning around once more she looked at her sister. "I'm very sure."

Walking towards the black coffee machine, Yvonne waited behind a nurse as she let out an exhausted yawn and run a hand through her blonde hair thinking about the hours she still had in front of her.

Pressing the green round button of the black and silver coffee machine, the blonde young female tapped her feet impatiently against the floor, just wanting to get her coffee already.

"Caffeine to keep your exhausted eyes open?" Bailey walked by giving Yvonne a friendly smile as she pointed toward the coffee machine. "Keep going, Grey, that's you're signature move in this hospital."

Looking at the nurses passing by the girl was lost in her thoughts before Mark stood next to her, pointing at the machine. "You're trying to leave some in there for me?"

"What is that suppose to mean, Mark?"

The surgeon laughed but walked away, when Yvonne slightly looked at the coffee machine the blonde girl saw her white cup overflowing with steaming coffee, as she wrapped her hands around the cup as the heat burned her hand.

"No, not now-" Yvonne closed her eyes as she let out a small breath and tightened her ponytail before she took some white napkins and started to clean the floor as the napkins absorbed the liquid, she heard some nurses chuckling at her.

But the blonde female decided to ignore all of them and go on with cleaning up her mess until someone spoke up.

"Keep walking, and help instead of making fun of it."

The younger Grey looked up and saw a man with two beautiful blue eyes and light dark skin.

"Need help with that?"

"N-no it's fine really." Yvonne got up and threw the coffee-absorbed napkins in the trash before she cleaned her hands and let out a nervous chuckle. "I'm used to people refusing to help me, i'm all good.

"I think I've seen someone in this hospital that looks like you." He said suspiciously.

"The blue eyes?" She asked pointing at her own blue eyes that were now supported by the light in the busy hallway filled with nurses and surgeons.

He shook his head while putting his hands on his hips. "No it's your hair color and the way you refuse help, you look like Doctor Grey."

Yvonne nodded before pointing toward her name tag. "Yeah, I'm her sister Yvonne Grey, it's nice to meet you." Shaking his hand as she gave him a friendly smile.

"Jackson Avery."

"You're from Mercy West right?" She asked, leaning against the machine. "One of the new people?"

He nodded at the question putting his hands in his pants pockets. "Welcome if no one said it yet"

"Yeah, no one really likes us." He muttered staring at her. "Doctor Yang in particular.."

"Christina." The blonde female let out a small laugh as she shook her head in disapproval. "You'll get used to her."

It didn't matter that they were new, Yvonne was new as well once and so was everyone. One thing she knew for sure.

She wasn't going to throw insults at their head. She was going to accept them and see them, as friends, not as threats.

"I was going to check up on one of my patients you could tag along?"

Walking through the hall the female got an angry look from Alex probably because she just befriended a Mercy Wester. "Alex, stop giving me that face"

"I'm not giving you any face?" Alex smacked his chart against the desk as he crossed his arms, frowning almost like he was offended. "This is my regular 'hey you're new but don't speak to me' face?"

Yvonne just rolled her eyes as she took Jackson's sleeve and slightly pulled him down the hall together with her, ignoring Alex's comment.

"Looks like he doesn't like me." Looking up at Jackson, Yvonne put her hand on his shoulder. "Why are you even nice to me?"

"Because you can see me as your friend every day and anytime no matter if it ruins my friendships, been there already." She smiled slightly squeezing his shoulder.

"Really?" A small smile appeared on his lips as he saw Alex in the corner of his eye, rubbing his forehead before he lay his head on the desk. "And your friend over there?"

"I don't care, just know that I'm a woman that always keeps promises."