The Just and The Cruel Striker

Author's note: Before God of War 4, where Kratos ventured to Jotunheim and met Faye. Also, keep in mind this is GOW 3 Kratos, where he is roughly the size of a frost giant.

Escaping the impending doom of the apocalypse is fairly difficult. That is, if you're the one who caused all that impending doom. It had to be me, Kratos, back then just the Ghost of Sparta, now, the bringer of the apocalypse. What a price for revenge. I guess Zeus was right after all. It does exact a heavy bill. But I will not pay for what is justified.

So, with the aid of the wings of Icarus, which I ripped out of the god himself, I flew upwards to the heavens, escaping my death, my fate, my past. All of which I killed, Thanatos, the fates, everyone. What have I done?

And as all of the memories slowly build up, everything suddenly goes black. And as quickly as everything dissapeared, I found myself in a tube of vibrant colours, being transported upwards. Am I dying?

Cold. That's what everything felt. I took a moment to glance at my surroundings, frozen winter. Everywhere. Where am I? This looked nothing like anywhere I've seen, even the frozen wasteland where we would be tested couldn't even come close.

This sounds familiar in my head. I sighed and took a moment to glance at my sorroundings, as I my mind slowly processed the sorroundings. I've heard of this from the northerners, The Legendary Realm of Jotunheim, I never thought it was true.

Everything, though cold and unforgiving to the body, felt new and tameable, "Jotunheim," I mumbled and gripped the blades as the heat seared the layers of snow that had built up in my palms. "It'll be hard to understand Dwarves," I shook my head and proceeded to follow the path of trees before me. I very much had the size of a Jotun, in their legends. Though, I may not have the complexion, I still may be seen as hostile.

I glanced at the creatures that took habitat of the cold lands, all white and furry. Innocents, not to be killed, I promise myself that.

Blue, moving. Jotun. I glanced as I gripped on the blades. Hearing quick footsteps as I saw a woman before me, a regular woman. What trickery is this? I glanced down at her and approached her, "You are not a Jotun," I spoke out.

"And you are not a Jotun, yourself," The woman glanced up at me. "I'm not," I replied as I clutched my blades, something is wrong. I glanced behind me as I saw a jotun, prepared to attack, I palmed it's head and pummeled it unto the ground, "I wish to slay no longer, not after Greece," I shook my head and held the giant down, then gazed at the woman, "Woman?" I spoke out as a female jotun stood before me, "You must be confused, as am I, midgardian, what exactly are you?"

I grunted and let go of the jotun's head, as it then dissapeared, off into the forest. "The ghost of Sparta," I sheathed the blades onto my back. "The cruel striker, you are born from the lightning am I not mistaken?" She circled me, methodically. "I am the son of Zeus, yes," I furrowed my eyebrows. "So you are the Farbauti," she sighed and scanned me, head to toe, "I never thought a demi-god could reach the size of a jotun, but here we are," she smiled and walked closer.

"I never thought a Jotun could be the size of a spartan," I mumbled and looked at her, cautious. "Watch it, Ashy," she glared at me. "Speaking your mind isn't a sin, Woman," she shook her head, "I have a name, Farbauti, it's Faye,"

I raised a brow, "I'm not sure I should be getting familiar with you," she scoffed and chuckled, "It's called introductions, Farbauti, to your new homeland, because you can never go back to Midgard,"

"Good," I mumbled and picked her up and threw her over my shoulder, "And if I am to make a homeland here, I need someone to guide me," I spoke in a dark and authoritative tone as I walked along the path, "Put me down, this instant!" She exclaimed, "Not until you show me where I can take shelter," I mumbled.

She sighed and gave up, "Keep walking the path, you'll see my home," she grumbled as I took the path to her home, seeing something that resembled a dwarven shelter, though for giants. I shrugged and entered, closing the entrance as the cold and damp atmosthpere could be felt no longer.

I sighed in relief as I slowly put Faye down, Something seems familiar, the snark, the attitude, she wasn't scared. Lysandra. I went back to my senses as I found myself holding the jotun in a tender embrace. I hesitantly let go as I glanced down at her, she was dumbfounded, though very much happy. For the first time in a long while, I finally smiled, joy, it's good to feel joy.

This is my second chance, I'll take it. I cupped her cheek and leaned closer, slowly taking her into a feverish kiss. She pulled away quite quickly, "What was that for?" She furrowed her eyebrows, I chuckled and felt something I haven't felt in a long time. Love. Aphrodite be damned.

"For my new home,"