Prologue

I look at myself in the compact mirror. I have to get my make-up just right... I have to make sure I look perfect for my date! My friend Hayley set me up on a blind date with... Her boyfriends brother's, girlfriend's...cousin's neighbour? At this point I don't even know anymore. I just hope he's cute.

I put on some strappy sandals, which are white, to colour-coordinate or something like that, my maxi dress is black so they match, well that's what the girl on youtube said at least. I top it off with a white rock necklace, and a gold bracelet.

I put my compact back on my dresser, right next to my photo of me when I was 5 years old with my old best friend before I moved here. I move around a lot, ever since I was 5 I've moved to 25 different cities, I'm only 17, so we never really get settled and I never have a chance to meet anyone.

At least when I go to college I can stay in one place for 4 years! I'm glad to have been in California for 2 months.

Don't get me wrong I love my parents they're almost always at work, so I haven't seen them since we moved in, I've basically been on my own since I was 10 when my parents decided I could watch myself and I didn't need my nannies anymore. We're really well off so at least I'm never bored, I can always mess around with the newest iphone or car.

I hear the door bell chime and I rush towards the stairs to holler over the edge of the railing,

"Come in!"

I rush back into my room before he can see me and I put a white and gold flower headband in my hair and finish with some gold earrings in the shape of a leaf.

"Here I am! The girl is revealed."

"Wow, you look...great! I didn't even know you have ever worn a dress or make-up."

"Well I honestly don't ever I despise dresses but I like this one, and for the make-up, well I have to wear make-up it's a date right?"

"You don't have to wear anything you don't want to."

"So wait what's your name?"

"Seth, and you are...Maya, right?

"The one and only."

Okay this is going well, Shut up inner voice your gonna jinx me!

"Well, you wanna go?"

"Yeah sure, sorry just thinking."

"Well, at least you think, unlike most of the girls I know. Typical bimbo style they probably don't even have a brain they just use there plastic toys to get what they want."

I laugh at that and think I know who he's talking about,"Well that was a spot on description of Ashley Harring."

"I only try," he takes of his imaginary hat and bows, like those street preformers holding out their hats for money at the end of a show.

The rest of the night goes well and we agree to give it a second go.

He pulls up to the driveway and walks me to the door and then drives away.

I enter the house seeing the lights on, is there somebody in here?! Did i leave the doors unlocked again. Great getting robbed twice, how am I going to explain that to mom and dad...

I walk up the stairs holding a vase that was previously sitting on the foyer table. I hold it behind me slightly, as if about to throw it at someone.

I hear voiced in the kitchen and slowly creep into the kitchen, it's probably just the staff, but i keep a grip on the vase.

I push open the door to reveal my parents. Wait-my parents?!

What are they doing back so early? Uh, oh did I over spend my limit again?

"Put that down please, that's the expensive vase." My mother says and I set it on the countertop and hug my mom.

"Hey what about me?" My dad laughs at his own joke. I hug him too.

"So what's the occasion?"

"Well, we have business opportunities up in Canada."

"Oh, how long are you gonna be gone?"

"That's the thing, we aren't just going to leave you here while we are in a whole different country." My mom pauses, then continues,"So we're all moving to Canada!"

"What?!" I screech. "But, mom! School starts in 2 days what am I supposed to say to all of my friends?!"

"That's your decision not ours, please don't unpack anything unnecessary, and start to pack up all of your clothes and whatever else you have unpacked up there."

"Fine," I grumble as I walk down the hallway to my room. I had just gotten my room right, I had an interior designer come in and get it painted and furnished, etc.

So we have Allie Deberry playing Maya!