Chapter 1

• Gewidmet Jacob

So you all know, I'm new at writing stories on here. Think of the first chapter, as a prologue (Don't know if it shows you can read it, but if you can, think of it as that.) 

-merpderp

As soon as we landed, I looked at a clock. 5:13pm. I sighed, looking to my twin for help. Of course, he didn't offer any. I followed him awkwardly, knowing he'd pick up his bags. 

I spotted my neon green bags, and quickly grabbed them before the conveyor belt took them away. Thank god for wheels... I had four bags. Two held clothes, the other held bedroom things, and the last held my dying kit, makeup, and other bathroom things. I followed my brother yet again till he stopped and snapped at me.

"Can't you go find the exit by yourself, ducky?" Dillain snapped but it sounded more like a question. Ducky was a nickname I hated, and that he had given to me as a child because I was obsessed with ducks.

I looked up to him with pleading eyes as I asked, "Can you just let me follow for once? Just once? Dillain, I'm begging you... Mother said to stay together, at least until we reached the scho-..."

"Mother's not here!  Just go find the exit. Follow the signs. Someone should be waiting outside from the school, look on the vans to see if the logo is on the side. It should be white, with the logo. A few other people from school may join us, so don't worry if there's other people. The school picks up every half hour for each plane encase one of us misses. We have a ten minute window of opportunity. You have to wait twenty minutes now, till another comes. Get something to eat," He shoved ten American dollars in my hand. "Subway is okay, you've had McDonalds, don't have the Chinese, and don't go to the airport food." He then walked away, leaving me to fend for myself.

I followed his instructions. Look at the signs, get supper. I sighed, and headed to McDonalds. I didn't want a subway, and I took his advice about the Chinese and airport food. I got a McDouble and Small fry. I nibbled on both, then saw a Starbucks from the seat I was in. I noticed a few other people who looked around my age were there.

As soon as I finished, I felt at home. I loved coffee... It was probably my favorite food and drink, of all time. Especially Starbucks. I got in line behind a tall, black haired boy. He looked about twenty, but how could I know for sure? I was an internet person. Not a people person. I noticed he had three bags with him. I wondered what for? Is he a senior at school? A business man? Here to visit a long distance girlfriend?