More Than This

She had pale orange hair, and she was as slender as the blades she carried.
She'd formed with a blue top which flowed outwards at the bottom, and pink shorts.
She stood with her legs slightly apart, dual wielding swords that she held slightly apart from her body.
The blades glistened in the sunlight.

"Hessonite, stop this now,"she commanded, leveling one of her blades at hessonite's head.

Hessonite turned around awkwardly in her chair to look at the Renegade.
I could see the fear in her eyes.

My eyes stayed fixed on her as she stood from the chair, "To what end?" She responded, "Stopping me won't stop the diamonds; they'll send every gem until your traitorous stain is wiped away."
"But if we stop everyone the diamonds send,"she replied,"then the Earth and it's inhabitants are safe."
"Well... I..,"she apparently couldn't find any faults with her logic,"Ruby, ATTACK." She commanded looking at Ruby.

Ruby glanced at me.
Are we really doing this? her thoughts came.
You're asking me?
No I just wanna know if you're thinking what I'm thinking.

This would either be where we won Hessonite's trust or lost it entirely.
Did I want to serve homeworld?
The gems who'd oppressed us since we'd popped out?
But did I want to openly rebel?
Join the Crystal Gems? An organisation that might even treat us worse than homeworld?

All this boiled down to either luck or the dependable prejudice I was used to.

Everyone was silent for a few seconds.

I thought clearly; We're doing it.
Happily, came her response.

Ruby reached up to her shoulder as her gem started to glow, pulling out a sword.
It has a short, one edged blade, and a small hand-guard at the bottom.
Ruby tossed it into her left hand and pulled out another.
Ruby liked dual wielding

She offered her gem to me and I brought my hand to it.
Concentrating, the gem started to glow.
Part of the hilt appeared and I took it, dragging My sword out.

It was slightly longer than Ruby's, along with a two edged blade and a longer, larger hilt.

We faced the infamous rebel, who dropped back into a defencive stance.

"Pearl,"I began,"Can we join the rebellion?"
She looked confused for a second.
And then she smiled.
"There's always room for-"
DROP Ruby warned.
I dropped to the floor as hessonite's scythe cleaved though the air above me.
"Traitor,"she condemned, bringing her weapon round for a downward strike.
I rolled backwards as it embedded itself in the wet ground.
Pearl slashed for her as she tried to yank it out; Hessonite meeting her strike mid-air.
Ruby kicked her in the face and she fell away, ducking out of Pearl's sword lock.
Hessonite drew another scythe out of her gem at her hip, twirling both until they were mere circles in the air.

"We don't have to fight, Hessonite," I proclaimed,"withdraw the army and spare the Crystal Gems and we can all walk away from this unpoofed."
She ignored me
"When I'm done with you, you'll be begging for forgiveness,"she declared, glaring at Ruby," but you can't beg can you, Defect."
I felt an explosion of rage in her as she charged, unleashing a barrage of slashes and stabs, each of which Hessonite deflected effortlessly.
Pearl plunged in, swords bared, and hessonite was fighting two handed against two opponents.
But her back was open.
You ok? I probed
Fine. Just need a second, came her response.
She wasn't okay.
I raised my sword as I walked towards them.
Hessonite deserved this.

"You will never be like us,"Hessonite yelled, voice strained from fighting,"never worthy to the diamonds! You're all defective, and you the Ruby who can't-"
Her sentence was cut short as my sword sliced into her.
She exploded into a cloud of smoke.

Everyone was silent for a while, watching as the amethysts and Jaspers moved forward, the battle still going.
Several huge shapes were decimating the homeworld soldiers

"Thank you,"Pearl acknowledged,"I probably wouldn't have been able to take on three of you."
"You're welcome,"I replied brightly. The awkward silence returned.
Like do we get a badge now or something cuz we literally just poofed our commander, Ruby thought back. she seemed less angry now that hessonite was gone.
Probably not, I answered
"We should probably leave, before she reforms,"Pearl stated.
"You should probably meet our leader if you're joining us now."
"I guess?" I didn't really want to.
The rumors and stories surrounding Rose Quartz painted her as no less than a monster.
She must have seen my expression,"Don't worry, most of the stories are wrong, she's not a mass shatterer," she said, smiling.

She looked at Ruby as we started to walk.
"You haven't said much?"
I felt Ruby tense.
I spoke before she got offended.
"She can't talk,"I whispered, seeing a tear fall,"she's the only Ruby who can't talk."