Basic Explanation of The Project!

"All of you need to expand your horizons, it's senior year, now please raise your hand-"

He makes a gesture for everyone to lower their raised hands.

"If you have ever associated with anyone from a different social group then yours, these are the categories, jocks- cheerleaders, dancers, any athlete players. The geeks or nerds as you call them- they are in the advanced classes and aren't popular, they get pushed around a lot by the jocks, boy or girl. The emo's or goths- They have that whole black look going on. Then there is the normal people who are just there, like the extras in a movie."

He lets it sink into everyone for a moment before saying,"So I can imagine you guys know which category you are classified as. Now many of you may be wondering why I brought up this," The rest of the class murmurs agreement."

"So since again it is your last year here we need you guys to get out there more nobody seems to want to change that, so I have decided to do that."

"You can pick a partner, anyone really. You have to follow these rules,"

He refreshes the smart board and there is a list of rules on the screen.

-You have to get to know this person

-they can't be in the same group as you

-they can't be in this english class

-you have all year to write this

-they have to be the opposite gender

-it has to be a minimum of 10 pages of size 12 font.

-they can't know your doing this, you want to be a journalist, you have to be careful what you say, what you do and how you act.

-this is a test group you're the only class doing this since you are English 2

A guy raises his hand,"So we basically stalk them right?" The class laughs.

"Not stalk, you actually have to talk to them, they have to know you're asking the questions, say it's for an english survey, get to know them, become their friend, get to know them," he then turns to face the class again and says," this is worth half of your grade, so you can choose to fail this class or do the assignment, your choice."

The class groans, and begins to stand up and pick partners. We all have to jot down a list of people we know and classify them to see if we have any friends that're a different gender, that are in a different social group. I feel bad for those poor nerdy girls probably gonna have to talk to the mean jocks who probably won't be mean cause they're girls what are you gonna do?

I see Aaron and Connor having a list divides into 6 categories a name or two in each one.

Aaron and Connor are hard to categorize if I do say so myself. They have this nerdy vibe, but they also have a bad ass vibe you know what I mean. They're really nice to people and they dress like rebels. Hot, if I do say so myself.

They probably know many girls thanks to Connors crazy sister always changing her personality and looks, one day she's popular the next day she's a bad girl or a nerd, it's really hard to keep up with. When I get a gossip column I want to follow around celebrities like her and get the inside scoop! It would be great but only a mere dream, and if I fail this project I'll probably end up working somewhere like, mcdonalds. It's good just no thanks!

I grab my pen and start drawing my chart.