3 | Luke

"So what you gonna do about your soulmate problem?" Michael said as we walked down the isolated hall, it was just after lunch and we thankfully had two free periods to study this afternoon. Lunch was uneventful as she didn't enter the hall again like yesterday and I tried my hardest not to feel disappointed but I couldn't help it. I guess she must have sat outside or something today, it was usually sunny here since we lived in Sydney.

"I do not have a soulmate problem and I'm gonna do nothing, I'll just wait and see what happens," I said to Michael with a slight glare. He chuckled.

"Of course you don't cause you obviously weren't the one getting jealous yesterday for no reason," he said with a slight smirk, he was just screwing with me, wasn't he?

"Fuck off," I said a little but too loudly as the librarian glared at me as we walked into the library. I just rolled my eyes, ignoring her. I didn't want to admit it but I did feel extremely jealous when I saw that boy put an arm around her shoulder. I knew that they couldn't have anything going on between them since the initials on his neck where visible.

"Hey nothing will happen if you admit it, it's only natural," he said as he sat down at one of the tables in the corner, a couple of people who where sitting on the one next to it, got up and left the library. Harsh, come on, it's not like we both carried a disease or something. I looked at Michael who was glaring at the direction of the door.

"You thinking the same thing I'm thinking," I muttered to him. Not that I cared much about what the others did or thought about us, still they didn't need to act like we where a different species.

"Yeah, what's wrong with these people it's like they've been brainwashed to hate us." He said but I didn't respond to him. My head shot up straight to the door and I could feel her coming closer and closer to the library.

"Shit Michael she's coming here, we need to leave. Now!" I said urgently and got up immediately. No one would miss us if we left now.

"No let's stay, we'll just hide at the back or something," he said stopping me.

"Why?" I asked him looking at him as if he was stupid.

"You really don't want to know the tiniest bit more information about your soulmate. Just think about it, she won't even know about it," he said in the most convincing way possible because it worked since I nodded. Truthfully, I didn't want to miss the opportunity of seeing her.

"Fine but we have to stay in that area," I said pointing to the corner filled with books furthest from the entrance. He nodded and then we quickly walked towards the far right corner of the library.

This was really risky and I hoped that she didn't come to this part of the library. But on the other hand a small part of me wanted her to, I hardly knew anything about her, other than she didn't have many friends and her parents where pretty important people, I wanted to know her more.

I could feel her and see her through the gaps between the books and the top of the shelve.

She was honestly the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Her soft looking brown hair was tied up into a high pony tail, her pale skin looked so soft from here, I wondered what it would look like close up and her eyes were such a beautiful shade of forest green, a forest I wanted to be trapped in forever. Her cheeks where slightly flushed and her mouth was turned into wide smile. It made her look cute and extremely young but I new she was seventeen. The boy from yesterday came up behind her and it made me angry how he could make her so happy, I wanted to make her that happy.

I broke out of my trance when I felt someone elbow me on the side of my stomach. I looked up glaring at Michael while rubbing my now sore stomach.