"I am so glad you suggested we go out together, babe," said Riley, putting his arm over her shoulder as they headed for the back door.

Nicole heard Mr Walker grunt with annoyance as he shifted in his seat.

Well.

That was rude.

Was he trying to make it that obvious?

Nicole hoped he wasn't.

"So, what did you have planned?" Riley asked as he and Nicole made it outside and to the fence of the paddock, oblivious to Mr Walker's anger.

"A picnic," replied Nicole.

"I know that, and I think it's perfect idea. Picnics are becoming my favourite way to have lunch," said Riley.

Nicole nodded her head in agreement. She was excited for this picnic and she was also proud of herself. She never thought that she would have a boyfriend and she never thought that she would find one who she really liked, and possibly loved. Bit there was only one problem; Nicole felt that she was not ready to tell her boyfriend that she loved him. Of course she had been thinking about it all the time and how hard was it to say four little words.

Four little words were not much, were they?

Nicole could say them over and over again in her mind, but when she actually opened her mouth to say them out loud, she couldn't.

And she didn't know why.

"So, how do you plan on getting there?" asked Riley, "because we clearly came out here to see the horses for a reason."

Riley looked as Blue made his way over to the fence. Blue hung his head over the fence and Riley gave him a pat on his forehead. Nicole smiled. She knew that Riley wasn't really an animal lover, but there was clearly something that he and Blue liked about each other.

"Do you have to ask? Horses, of course," Nicole smiled.

"Babe," Riley chuckled nervously, "you do remember that I have never been on a horse before?"

"There is always a first for everything."

"Is a sore ar...butt really a good enough sacrifice?" asked Riley, eyeing the horses warily now.

Clearly Blue could see Riley's nervousness now and he stretched out his neck, playfully nudging Riley on the thigh, asking him why he was scared. Riley smiled and gave the horse another pat.

"Fine," said Riley, "I am sure I could give it a go. I am a man, aren't I? we don't get scared."

Nicole laughed, "debatable."

"Ha-ha."

With that, Nicole went and got the horses saddled. She would be riding Lightning and Riley would be riding Ruby. And when the horses were ready, Nicole led Ruby to the mounting block and waited for her boyfriend to step on.

"Hang on," said Riley, "why do I have to ride a girl horse?"

"A mare," Nicole corrected her boyfriend.

"A mare. But anyway, why can't I ride Blue? He seems to like me."

"I know he likes you," said Nicole, "but he is an ex-race horse. And he is dad's horse."

"Oh," replied Riley, "you dad still doesn't like me very much, huh?"

"No, he doesn't," replied Nicole as she held Ruby still as Riley tried to mount her.

Riley was actually better with horses than Adam was.

He got on with no trouble.

No complaints.