Chapter 6

Stunned, Needlekit took a step forward. What about me?  She wondered.

"Darkleaf will mentor Needlekit to become a medicine cat. Needlekit, from now on, until you receive your full medicine cat name, you will be known as Needlepaw. Your mentor will be Darkleaf, and I hope that Darkleaf will pass down all of her knowledge to you."

Silence roamed the ravine. No one dared to interrupt. A medicine cat?  Thought Needlekit angrily. I don't want to be a medicine cat! When did I ever say that! And I'm only three moons old! She flexed her claws in the soft ground.

Miststar flicked her tail. An oh came from some of the cats. "Needlepaw! Needlepaw! Needlepaw!" Needlepaw would've puffed her chest out proudly, but looked back to see only Galekit cheering her new name, while Frostkit and Icekit were giving her envious stares. They wouldn't understand. She didn't even want to be a medicine cat! Needlepaw felt envy stirring inside her chest. They get to be warriors! I have to be a medicine cat, and I don't want to be a medicine cat! A voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Why is Needlepaw starting her training early? Did StarClan tell you to do this?" That was Creekwhisker. Her belly was really swollen from the kits she was about to give birth to. And she was about to give birth to them. Suddenly the gray queen collapsed on the earth. "I...I think I'm giving birth!" She wailed.

sorry its really short