Chapter 3

The sun seemed to set as slow as possible, but finally it vanished out of sight, the moon taking its chance to glow. The moon was nearly full, getting bigger with each day. Wait, Needlekit thought, might tomorrow be the full moon, when the Clans gather?  Needlekit bounced. She'd love to attend one of those giant Gatherings, and hoped that one day she would. Her excitement faded to nervousness when she saw her mother and father head off to the battle with the other warriors. Galekit asked, "do you think the battle will be big? Will IvyClan be outnumbered? What if we lose the battle? Do you think StarClan approves?"

"The battle will be big, that's what I know for sure. I think that even Dawnpaw and Squirrelthistle will be fighting! And don't you think Spotspots's name is kind of funny? Grassstar isn't too good at giving names, that's for sure! I mean, Spotspots?"

Galekit glanced at her unknowingly. "Who even are all those cats?"

"Spotspots is a warrior of MoorClan, Squirrelthistle is the medicine cat, and Dawnpaw is her apprentice, while Grassstar is the MoorClan leader."

"How do you know all that?"

How  do I know all that?  Needlekit wondered. "The elders," she murmured, half to herself. "Didn't Darkcreek tell you? She knows a lot about MoorClan. She was on of the spies sent to spy on MoorClan, when Snowstar  ruled MoorClan during the Great War. Grassstone was deputy, and became leader. And, uh...that's all Darkcreek told me." Needlekit knew more, but didn't want to seem weird.

Galekit shook his head.

"Uh...Imma go now...," Needlekit mewed, her heart pounding.

Needlekit waved her cream tabby tail in goodbye to her Clanmates, and wandered back to the nursery, so busy thinking about how she might know, that she tripped over something and fell, but the pain was nothing compared to her unknown, strange, talent. I think I heard it from the elders, at one point, Needlekit thought. But I haven't really visited the elders at all...Needlekit lay down in her nest of feathers and curled her into a tight ball, her cream tail over her nose. Her gloomy thoughts dragged her to sleep in no more then a few heartbeats.