Chapter 3 "The Titaness."

Start from the beginning

"I say we kill the damned thing." Grunted Ares, his muscular arms tightened over his broad chest. His stern brown eyes shooting daggers into the infants soft silver ones.

"We aren't killing an infant." Combated Hera, she frowned at her temperamental son. Ares ignored her glare and picked under his nails like a child. Surely a trait adopted from his lover.

"We need to keep a keen eye on the Titan, observe it's behavior," suggested Athena, her eyes unmoving from the infant. She couldn't quite lay a finger as to what this things capable of.

"You know, someone's goodness can be determined from how they're raised. What if we're to raise it like one of our children." Hera added. Her eyes twinkled in delight. It's been far too long since she's raised a child nor held an infant. The baby may not be hers yet it was still motherless.

"You can't be serious?" Scoffed Zeus earning a glare from his wife. "We can't just let this thing into olympus!"

"We have no other options! This is the best one." Hera cried.

Athena remained silent, her mind filled with different explanations and possible solutions. Hera was right, their solutions were slim and unpredictable. It would be in humanities best interest to keep the child in Olympus, guarded and raised by gods. However, killing it now would possibly spare something catastrophic...

"I believe we should either get rid of her or as Hera stated, raise her in Olympus and keep her guarded." Athena finally spoke,

If Zeus were to trust or listen to anyone, it was Athena. She was his favorite daughter. At the same time, he was the god of lightening. The god of humans. He couldn't place a threat like that over the gods or people. He must make a decision and soon.

"The thing couldn't possibly do harm this young, perhaps we can keep it in Olympus and make a decision once it gets older and poses more of a threat." Zeus finally contends.

The gods nodded in agreement, although some didn't agree already developing a dislike for the future titaness.

~

"We provide it a warm cot and room yet it still cries." Sighs Hera, she was sitting next to her husband stressed. Zeus ignored her complaining, not wanting to dragged any further into the titaness's business.

Hera realizes her husbands disinterest yet she was far too exhausted to argue and let it go, she stood up and left him. She wrapped the crying child in a silk cloth and took it for a walk, hoping the breeze would calm it down.

Why was it so disturbed? Was it injured? Was it angry? Or was this Titan a lost cause. "Dear child, please tell me what I can do. What I can do to ease your pain." Hera cried.

The child ignored her pleas and continued crying in pain.

"No luck?"

Hera's head turned to face the smooth voice belonging to the god of light. Apollo stood before her with a bright smile. Hera simply nodded, yet she was curious as to Apollo's sudden presence.

"You've never been interested in Infants affairs before. Why are you here now?" Hera questioned, her eyes narrowing at Apollo's sky blue ones.

Apollo awkwardly scratched his neck, reaching for the words to describe his presence. Finally he spoke in stumbled words, "I-I was simply curious. It was my oracle who shared the prophecy yet I've been kept out of the loop for the most part." He explained.

Hera felt slight pity for the man, she tilted her head up at him and spoke, "do you wish to meet the titaness?" She asked.

Apollo's eyes beamed in admiration and he quickly nodded, and with relief Hera handed him the child. "You can watch her for me, I could use a proper break." She sighed.

As the child met Apollo's hands she immediately stopped crying. Her glossy eyes curiously observed his face. Hera's eyes widened at the child's sudden calmness. Not once before had the child stopped crying.

A huge grin spread across Apollo's face, "I told you she was cold." He cooed.

"How do you know that?!" Asked Hera. She watched in pure confusion as Apollo played with the infants tiny fingers. The infant wrapped her hands around one of his fingers, her eyes never leaving his.

"Because. She's freezing!" Exclaimed Apollo.

Hera didn't question the god of light, she simply accepted his explanation because all that mattered was that the child no longer cried.

"Does she have a name?" Asked Apollo.

"Not yet..." said Hera.

Apollo hummed as he rocked the child back and forth, he felt his heart warm as the child looked at him lovingly. A love he hadn't felt for centuries. What an innocent creature you are, so full of love yet so cold. Apollo thought.

"I'm sure she could tell us." Suggested Apollo.

Hera nodded in agreement. "I'm sure she could."