Chapter 5

Helena would never cheat on Jake, but she didn't make any effort to wake herself up when she had a sexy dream about someone else. Sometimes she knew who it was, like the dream with Gael García Bernal, sometimes it was a complete stranger.

This time her subconscious had placed her in the jungle, right in the bed she shared with Jake even, which made her feel a bit guilty. But it was a dream, not like she was really stepping out on him.

No other man though, dream or real, could compare to the one currently caressing her face and kissing her neck. His hands were playing her body like a finely tuned instrument. As if he could read her mind about what she wanted and anticipate what she needed.

Although this dream wasn't cooperating with her attempts to turn on the lights as she preferred, her dream lover's questing mouth and roaming hands made her forget all about the dark.

She moaned as he kissed a blazing trail up her jaw using the perfect amount of lips, tongue and teeth to nuzzle behind her ear where she was particularly sensitive. She turned her face seeking his lips. He tasted of cinnamon. And some other taste that was almost metallic, coppery. His hands roamed over her in a possessive and hungry way that Jake's never had, as if touching her was something he'd been denied for aeons.

The new sensation of his long, soft hair dragging over her sensitive skin sent unexpected thrills through her. She ran locks through her fingers feeling where it had formed tiny sections.

When he pulled her tank top over her head, he trapped her hands in it then held them down with one of his own. Helena writhed beneath him at having her body at his mercy. He captured her mouth with his own and ran his free hand over her hungrily causing her to moan and gasp.

He released her hand and threw the top away, then almost ripped off her underwear in his haste.

She didn't stop his efforts to disrobe her. She didn't know when his clothes came off. All she cared was that all of his smooth skin was hers to touch.

Again and again his talented hands and mouth brought her quickly to heights she didn't think possible, and she welcomed him eagerly when he sought his own.

"Helena... Helena... hey, wake up. It's your shift." Helena opened her eyes to see Jake smiling down at her in the dim light of their beside lamp. When he ran a fingertip lightly down her cheek, her body clenched at the memory of a different hand.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes. The sheet fell down, and she was surprised to find herself clothed in the cotton boxers and tank top she slept in. It had seemed so real. Her breathing was still uneven and between her legs was damp with need.

Jake smoothed her hair back from her forehead and looked at her in concern. "When you didn't answer your walkie or come to relieve me, I got worried. You aren't feeling sick, are you, Hel? You're all sweaty. "

Raising a shaky hand, she pressed a kiss into Jake's palm and smiled up at him. "Sorry I slept in. Rookie mistake. I feel fine, though. Anything to report?" She threw back the sheet and stood up and stretched her hands up to the ceiling. It might have been dream sex, but she'd never felt more sated.

Yawning and stretching himself, Jake put his walkie talkie on the table, then quickly stripped to his underwear and lay down on the bed. Helena looked over his lean, strong body. She'd fallen completely in lust with Jake the first time he ran by her in bootcamp seven years ago.

Jake smiled at her invitingly. Their military time had schooled them in exactly how to make the most of a few precious minutes alone.

"Maybe later," she smiled and leaned over to give him a kiss. He pulled her down and rolled on top of her to kiss her deeply.