chapter nine: secrets and mistakes (part one)

*Emma's POV*

"I dont know what to do Louis. I cant trust either of them anymore. Harry has changed so much and Liam broke the only promise I made with him. How can I trust either of them after the other night?" I spilled everything to Louis as we both sat criss-cross-applesauce on my bed facing each other. He has been listening to me rant about the situation for the past hour. He's a great listener, and a great friend.

He sighed then said, "Well, Liam didnt really get a chance to explain himself the other night. You just kinda left. And Harry, well, I know he has changed a lot in the past couple years that I have known him. He is more of a ladies man now. There's more than just Rebecca that has happen to. He has snogged I dont know how many girls and had sex with at least 8 girls. I know that's now what you want to hear but it's better that you find out now rather than later. I think that you should hear Liam out then decide to forgive him or not. There's two sides to every story."

Louis might be the most childish one, but when he gets serious,  he can give the best advice in the world. He was right, I should go and talk to Liam to hear his side. I will message him later and see if he is free to meet up. "Thanks Lou, your the best." He leaned over and pulled me into a tight hug. I enjoyed the embrace. I think all I needed was a hug. He pulled away but stared deeply into my eyes, I did the same. I never realized how blue his eyes were until I really looked at them.

*Louis' POV*

Emma was so innocent and sweet. How could anyone hurt her? I stared intently at her chocolate brown eyes. The distance between us seemed to be getting smaller and smaller. Then I realized we were both leaning in. Why? Did I want to kiss her? Did she want to kiss me? Our foreheads pressed against each other and I was about to close the distance when she spoke. "Wait, Louis this is wrong. You have Mary and I cant do that to my best friend. Im sorry, I dont know what I was doing." She leaned away and looked at her hands.

I sighed and stood up. She looked up at me. "I better go back to the flat. But, please talk to Liam. Just hear him out. Im sure he has a good explanation." With that I left the room and walked out of the house to my car. What I did in there was still a mystery to me as to why I did it. I dont see her as more than a friend. Mary is the one for me. Right?

*Emma's POV*

I did as Louis suggested and messaged Liam.

To: Leeyum

Can we talk? i didnt really give you a chance to speak the other night. sorry about that.

I really needed to clear things with Liam. I dont want to hate him forever. My thoughts were broken by the vibration of my phone.

From: Leeyum

Yes, we really need to talk this out. where can we meet?

I wanted to get out of the house. The rest of the boys were probably at the flat so we couldnt go there. Where else was there? There was a small park down the street from my house so maybe he could meet me there.

To: Leeyum

there is a small park down the street from my house. how about there?

It wasnt long before he replied.

From: Leeyum

sounds great :) be there in 5

It took about 5 minutes to walk there so we would get there at about the same time. I grabbed my phone and left my house without another word. It felt great outside and the birds were chirping from nearby trees. It was a peaceful walk to the park. I found an empty swing set and walk to it. I sat on one of the empty swings and began to swing slightly. I looked around, then I felt a pair of hands touch my back and push me higher. I let out a small squeal, and turned to Liam, who was now occupying the swing next to me. "What the heck was that for. You scared me half to death." I playfully slapped his arm.