Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

Cana flopped onto the hospital bed beside her wife and pulled the Take-Over Mage to cuddle beside her, putting Mirajane's head on her shoulder.

"Love you, Mir." She said, grinning.

Mirajane let out a sigh.

She and Erza shared a suffering look.

<><><>

Sting listened intently as the announcer spoke.

"And today's competitions will be... Natsu and Gray versus Sting and Rogue!" The man shouted.

"Aww yeah! I'M ALL FIRED UP NOW!" Natsu shouted so loudly that Sting could hear him from here.

Sting couldn't help but agree with the words.

Sure, Natsu has beaten both him and Rogue, singlehandedly he might add, last time, but that was way back when.

Now not only were Sting and Rogue stronger, but they were together.

Truly together, that is.

Sting glanced at Rogue and the two smirked.

"We can do this," Rogue whispered.

"Of course we can! C'mon!" Sting snatched onto Rogue and pulled him down to the stadium.

He was excited to finally get back in the competition!

He hadn't fought since the first day... And he hadn't even fought then!

Today he was going to make up for that today, however!

<><><>

Millianna set her hand on Kagura's shoulder and sighed at the upset look on the girl's face.

"You did great, Kagy!" She said happily.

Kagura raised an eyebrow at the words.

She clearly didn't agree with Millianna's words.

"You and Minerva were out at like the same time!"

Yukino was having a similar conversation with her girlfriend on the opposite side of the room as well.

"You did great, Minerva." She said, smiling down at her.

"Better than anyone else in the guild could have!" She added.

"So What were the results?" Kagura, propping herself up a bit.

Millianna was having none of that.

She promptly pushed the girl's arm down and crawled up onto the bed, curling up at her side like a real cat.

"Well, I heard that Erzy Werzy and Mirajane somehow tied for first."

Kagura actually chuckled at that.

"And then you and Minerva were neck and neck!" Millianna got excited and looked like she was about to recount a blow for blow of their cards.

"But who got third?" Kagura pushed, getting her back on track.

Millianna was like a mine cart, barreling down the tracks like a rocket and liable to fall off.

Kagura was those rigid tracks. Those tracks kept the cart from falling off a cliff, but the tracks needed to learn that they didn't have to be so stiff sometimes.

Weird analogy, but the best ones are.

"You," Millianna said.

Minerva stiffened on the other side of the room.