Chapter Nine

"Each competitor must find the four keys to release their respective captive. All the keys are identical and stealing is allowed. The first to rescue their loved one wins."

Chelia took off at a sprint

Isn't this ironic? She saved me last year, I save her this year. This'll be fun!

Don't worry, WenWen. I'm coming.

She stopped as she realized she wasn't quite sure where she was was going.

She turned around in a circle and realized that they were in a square arena within the circular one. There were four corners and each had a different building.

Chelia wasn't sure what was in them, but she knew they had it have the keys.

Chelia looked up and caught sight of Wendy.

Chelia, in front of the whole stadium full of people, blew her girlfriend a kiss and gave her a wink.

Wendy blushed deeply as a large part of the stadium let out an 'OOOOOOH!' like little preschoolers (Natsu and Cana included).

Chelia glanced up at the Lacroma that was broadcasting Wendy's reaction.

It was a small wave alongside a bright red blush.

Chelia, deciding to mess with her just a bit more, put her hands over her chest and made a heart symbol with it.

Wendy gave Chelia a suffering, yet amused and loving, look.

Chelia then set off towards one of the four corners.

She saw that none of the other competitors were looking at her, too busy trying to get their respective captives back.

She was glad that Sherry hadn't seen it...

<><><>

Yukino was already running off towards one of the corners while many others were watching their captives as if expecting something to happen to them.

She didn't worry about that. She thought it would be more important to just try and rescue them.

"Thanks for the distraction!" She said softly, skidding to a stop in front of one of the challenge rooms (at least that's what she had started to call them in her head).

She stepped in slowly.

She jumped as fast footsteps came, accompanied by a sliding sound as Chelia skidded inside, falling over.

Yukino helped the God Slayer up and the two exchanged a quick look.

Just because they were competing didn't mean they were animals.

They both looked around the room as one.

They caught sight of a giant pool of lava between them and the key that needed.

Yukino summoned Libra and had her look for a way across.

Chelia, being a bit of a show off, took her time pretending to look.

Then she shot off over the lava.

An arrow suddenly shot towards her and she let out a cry of surprise mixed with fear.

"EEP!"

She swerved to the side, almost landing in the lava.

She, thankfully, didn't. She turned in the air and caught sight of a broken rope.

She must have triggered a tripwire on her way over.

She looked ahead of her and slowly made her way across, barely dodging two different wires.