Chapter 3

~Coating Truth with Lies~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I heard some voices, they were talking. It was another language, or possibly something incoherent, I couldn't make out what they were saying. I couldn't move my body, hell, I couldn't even feel anything.

What is happening? What is going on? Am I dead? Do dead even hear stuff like this? What is wrong with me? Why can't I move? Why can't I feel anything?

Deep in my thoughts, I became aware of the light, the outside must be bright, since my vision was red, likely because of my eyelids. So, this means I am alive? I guess so.

As I pondered over my status, I heard beeps, they quickly grew annoying, I let out a groan, or tried to, it was weak, but I felt the vibration in my throat.

When I came to again, it felt like I fell asleep. How? I don't know, but I could feel my body, it seemed like it was still bright. There were voices speaking to each other. They talked about me, and something about my.... Condition?

I finally opened my eyes. I was blinded, my hands flew to my eyes to protect. When I was sure that my eyes have adjusted well, I removed my hands, feeling something pricking my skin. There were IVs connected to me. I looked at them, and then I tried to sit up. My shoulder was numb, I couldn't move it at all. What happened? Where am I?

"Ah, miss, you're awake I see" a hand gently pushed me back. A smiling face came into my view.

"Wh-" I broke into coughs, my voice raspy because of not being used. The nurse pushed some buttons and the surface I was laying on rose up, setting me in a sitting position. The woman handed me a cup of water. I noticed I was on an adjustable gurney. After drinking a couple cups of water, I looked at the nurse.

"Who are you? Where am I? What happened?" I asked her, feeling tired, I eyed the bandages on my left shoulder.

"Oh, dear, you are in a hospital, I am your nurse, Maria Georgette. Or simply Maria. Tell me dear, you remember your name, don't you?" She asked softly. I nodded.

"M-my.... My name.... M.." My brows furrowed in confusion "its (y/n)" I sighed in relief as memories rushed to me, I haven't lost my memories, which is good. "What happened? Why am I here?"

"You were found near a cave in the forest which surrounds your college. The wound was present on your shoulder, your head was injured, and there were many... Corpses with you, only you and another girl survived. It seems like an attack from some animal, do you remember anything?" She told me, lightly tapping her pad. All the memories rushed in at once and my eyes filled up to the brim with tears. I gripped my aching head as I curled up whilst sitting up, ignoring my wound and its pain, I let the tears flow down silently making my knees soggy and wet.

"Sweetie, did something happen?" Maria placed her hand on my right shoulder. "Well, you'll have to tell the cops what happened hun, we need solid proof that it was an animal" Maria spoke comfortingly. All I could was mourn silently as I thought of the precious friend, and love that I lost.

"How long has it been?" I asked, sniffing.

"Since the incident?" Maria asked in surprise, I just nodded. "Its been two days" she told me. "Well, I'll let the doctors know that you're awake."

I decided to wipe my face to look at least a little presentable knowing that people will be coming in. Turns out I was right, a couple doctors came in. They checked the monitors, my eyes, my wound, and my brain waves and other stuff and left.

Later, Greg, and another woman came in. The women had auburn hair and green eyes.

"Oh, (y/n), it is so nice to finally meet you in person, I am Martha, Jack's mom" she smiled warmly at me. At her sight, tears filled my eyes once again, but I refused to cry. I adjusted my position so I wasn't curled up anymore.

"I'm glad to see you okay (y/n)" Greg seemed relieved.

They both settled beside me. The cops walked in when they were doing so.

"Miss (l/n), we would like to ask a few questions, if that is alright with you" a cop with brown hair and black eyes spoke, his voice turned soft at my sight. Do I look that bad?

"I.. I don't mind" I looked down at my lap.

"Do you think she won't break like the other girl suddenly did?" The second cop muttered to the brown haired one, he was a blonde with blue eyes.

"I hope she won't" the brown haired one whispered back, but somehow I could hear them, maybe they don't know how to whisper.

"We can hear you, ya know" Greg spoke sassily. The cops coughed.

"Sorry" the blonde one apologized.

"Well, miss, have you seen Miss Martha's son, Jack?" The brown haired haired cop began. I nodded.

"Was he with you at the time of incident?" The blonde one asked. I nodded again.

"Can you tell us what took place there?" The brown haired one asked. I opened my mouth, then realized that they won't believe me if I tell them Jack turned to a monster. I need to make up something believable, and that is something I'm good at.

"There was this smoke in the forest. Jack went to check it out, I went after him since I was worried, when I reached there, there were wolves. They had attacked the people, they were badly injured, most likely their reason of dying. I don't know if anyone else lived. When I got there, I, too, was attacked, until Jack jumped in. He had a huge stick. He attacked the wolves and saved me, unluckily, I was thrown against a rock, but before I fainted, the last I saw was Jack being dragged away by the wolves" I was in tears, the events replayed themselves again and again as I lied to the men.

"So it was an animal attack, the girl must've seen too much violence, leading her to snap like this...." The blonde said the cops spoke to each other.

"Can you tell me who else...this girl who survived?" I asked.

"It is a girl named Jenny, do you know her?" The brown haired man said. I nodded.

"She's a friend" I spoke, lied.

"Well, she snapped and went haywire, but I guess you can see her once you've healed..." The brown haired man said and the cops muttered things to each other again and left. Greg and Martha turned to me once they were sure that the cops had left.

"Why did you lie (y/n)?" Martha asked me, Greg gave me the same look.

"How did you know?" I looked at them.

"My son can never be this brave" she said softly.

"You said Jenny is your friend" Greg pointed out. I sighed.

"Martha, do you believe in cults and demons?" I asked, looking at her.

"Well, yes I do, I am a Christian after all" she told me. I wiped my eyes. I told them everything I saw, everything. In the end, Greg was shocked, Martha was in tears, I was crying.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't help him" I wailed.

"Its fine dear, I don't blame you" Martha rubbed my back comfortingly. She let a few tears escape as I decided to calm down.

"I'm so glad Jack had such good friends like you" Martha smiled, I smile back, barely.

"You never got to tell him your feelings (y/n)" Greg gave me a sad look.

"Shut up, Greg, don't remind me" I looked down.

"Ah, I got a daughter on the day I lost my son, I don't know if I should be happy or sad" Martha chuckled as she looked at me. I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back.

"Thank you" I closed my eyes, the feeling of being accepted warmed me up.

"No problem dear, the doctors told us that you are an orphan" Martha spoke up. I started crying again, I cried until I couldn't cry anymore, which wasn't that much considering I had already cried a lot. I'm such a stupid crybaby.

~Is by far the best disguise~