"One of Death's sisters-War. It's nice to meet the group she's been traveling with," the redhead responded with a displeased tone.

"Why're you here?" Gladio questioned her.

"Wanted to see what was keeping her on Eos besides the last remaining Wendigo."

"Do you know where she went?" Noctis inquired, hoping the Horseman of War would know.

War uncrossed her arms, placing her hands on her hips. "You best sever your ties with her now."

"Why?" The prince demanded.

"The moment the last Wendigo is slain, Death will return to the Inner Sanctum where she belongs. Let her finish her mission and you can go on your merry way, Your Highness."

Noctis' glare sharpened at War's fiery tone. "(Y/n) should be the one who decides where she belongs, not you."

The Horseman chuckled with a smirk. "How naïve. You think we wanted to become Horsemen? If you do, you're sorely mistaken. Our souls, bodies, and powers are in the hands of the Daemon King. We have no say in anything! You best keep you eyes forward and avert them from Death. That is my warning to you. Good day, Your Highness." In the blink on an eye, War vanished.

The royal retinue was silent for a few minutes as they replayed the Horseman's words in their heads. Prompto was the first to slice through the suffocating silence. "Talk about a fiery attitude. Reminds me of someone we know..."

The sharpshooter's eyes trailed over to Gladio, who caught his lapis gaze with his amber one. "Watch it, pipsqueak," he growled.

Noctis glanced down at the orb in his hand, War's words ringing in his head like a bell. There was truth behind her words that the prince didn't want to believe, but he would have to. Gripping the object tightly, he slid it back in his pocket with a sorrowful look in his eyes. "Let's head back to Lestallum."

Prompto was taken aback at Noctis' resolve. "You really aren't gonna look for (Y/n)?"

"Why should I? If she even cared one bit about any of us, she wouldn't have left. Let's go, Ignis," the prince retorts vehemently.

Gladio was joyous at Noctis' decision and hopped back into the Regalia beside the young prince. Prompto and Ignis, on the other hand, knew he was hurt and only spoke in such a manner because of the heartbreak he was suffering from. They both still believed (Y/n) cared about all of them, especially Noctis, even if the prince and his bodyguard didn't.

<------<<<<<<<

Days turned into weeks as Noctis, Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis finished their duties in Lucis and traveled to Altissia with help from Cid and Cindy. During the entirety of their time left in Lucis, Noctis' thoughts were only occupied by one person-(Y/n).

After having lost her during their trip to Malmalam Thicket, no one has seen her since. The moment Noctis and the others reached Cape Caem, he described (Y/n) to Cindy and asked if she had seen her. Morosely, the blonde mechanic hadn't seen a girl matching the description before leaving to work on his father's ship.

Once they finished everything they needed in Lucis, the ship was prepared and the royal retinue was on their way to Altissia. Noctis wasn't the only one worried or missing (Y/n) as Prompto would express his sadness every now and then.